| A rather ghastly dragon
Joined: 11 Dec 2009, 20:01
If you are submitting a weapon to the Realm667 Armory, please read these rules, and follow the submission template. It makes the job of adding them so much easier, and if a submission doesn't follow the rules, it won't be added until it does, or it could be flat-out rejected.Rules
- Use paletted PNGs for sprites. Since PNGs ignore palette, or adapt to the IWad being used, it makes it much easier to use the monsters in different games. Make sure the sprites are paletted (256 color palette).
- Use OGG or FLAC for sounds. They are much more compressed formats without any (noticable) quality loss. There are several programs to convert to one of these formats, such as Audacity.
- Make sure it is a wad file placed inside a zip. Not a weapon in a pk3 format.
- Include GLDefs, if necessary. If you can't write them yourself, then you can have someone else write them.
- Include information, from the template below, in both the submission post, and in the wad itself, in an INFO lump.
- Include credits. Like information, include credit information (from the template) in both the submission post and in the wad itself, in a CREDITS lump.
- Custom ammo IS allowed, but make sure you include the ammo in question, and remember to say that it's custom, in the info.
- No KeyConf or Player.WeaponSlot. Leave that up to modders using the weapons. Weapon.SlotNumber is more acceptable, but it should still be left to the modder. For testing the weapons without binding them to a slot, use the "Use *WeaponName*" command, in the console, where *WeaponName* is the summon name for the weapon.
- Custom pain and death states on players and monsters are allowed to a degree. If you use these, include a modified monster (Custom Doom Imp with the pain state, for example) as a demonstration. DO NOT go overboard with these, however. Include instructions in the INFO lump, as well.
- ACS IS allowed, however, it must be open-source (include a copy of the script(s) in the INFO lump). Try to keep your ACS simple, and especially leave comments saying how things work. Additionally, try to use named scripts, to reduce the chances that they'll conflict with scripts on a map, for example.
- Follow the template, below, in your submission post.
- Tag it as a submission.
- If you are updating something already on the Armory, tag it as an update.
Information:Name: What is the name of this weapon?Class: What power class of weapon is it? 1 is fist-level, 2 is pistol-level, 3 is shotgun or ethereal crossbow, 4 is chaingun, 5 is rocket launcher, super shotgun or hellstaff, 6 is plasma rifle or phoenix rod, 7 is BFG. Basically, how powerful the weapon is.Type: What kind of weapon is it? Hitscan? Melee? Projectile? Something totally different?Palette:
The kind of palette
your weapon uses (e.g. Strife, Doom, Heretic or Custom for a png palette)Summon: The actor name for the weapon. While the official name might be the Hellstaff, the actor name is SkullRod. The actor name is helpful to know, so players don't have to dig through the wad to find it, to use with the Use command or Summon cheat.Ammo Type: What ammo type does it use? If it's a custom type, please say so.Altfire: Does it have an alternate firing mode?Powered Mode: Does the weapon have a powered-up mode, to use with the WeaponLevel2 powerup type?Added States: Does the weapon utilize any custom states on monsters or players? Things like custom pain states, or if it pretty much requires modification to an existing actor to work properly.Credits:Submitted: Who submitted it to the Armory?Decorate: Who wrote the Decorate?GLDefs: Who wrote the GLDefs? If there are none, just leave it out.Sounds: Where did the sounds come from, and who edited them?Sprites: Where did the original sprites come from? Who made them?Sprite Edit: If the sprites were edited from something else, who edited them?Idea Base: If your weapon was inspired by something, what was it inspired by?ACS: Does the submission use ACS, with LoadACS?Description: People prefer to know exactly what they're downloading, before they download it.Sprite:Put a preview sprite here of both a HUD sprite and the pickup sprite. Use an image upload site like ImageShack or TinyPic.Download Link:Either upload to a site like Mediafire, DRDTeam's file sharing, DropBox or just attach it to your post. Please choose one that shouldn't expire, because it might expire before we can add it.
Currently reading: Blood Ravens, The Dawn of War Omnibus
Total approved submissions: 78
Total approved updates: 21
Total rejected: 2