While working on The City of the Damned: Apocalypse and preparing further work on Blade of Agony, I had the time and motivation to finish up another Remaster for one of my old releases that I felt could need some tuning and improvements. So there it is: Austerity - A Simplicity Tribute in its new and (hopefully) final version 3.0. So what has been changed since 2011?
- Added a new statusbar (base by NightFright)
- Added widescreen graphics
- Added a new palette
- Added dynamic lights (removed sector light effects)
- Added special effects (volumetric light, fire particles)
- Added ambient sounds
- Added brightmaps and gl-lights
- Added gore effects (Nashgore)
- Added new traps and improved gameplay
- Added low-health effect
- Improved colors for messages and statusbar graphics
- Improved exteriors (grass)
Once more, Ozymandias81 had been a big help with finishing up the final version and polishing code and internal mechaincs to make it work as good as it looks. But I also want to thank everyone else at Doomworld and ZDoom again for joining the testing phase and supporting me with feedback. I hope the new version is as fun to play as it was for me to improve and fix up for this new and definite release.