"You are B.J. Blazkowicz, the greatest spy and biggest risk-taker the Allied forces have ever known. Take on the might and fury of the Third Reich as you blast your way to victory!" After a development time of exactly 21 months, we are proud to finally announce the release of the first chapter of Blade of Agony titled "The Staff of Kings" - just a day before the announced release date, we have a faible for surprises. With a total of 7 maps, orchestrated music, combined low-poly models and pixelated 90's style beauty, armament from the battlefields of WWII, interactive NPCs and many more amazing features never seen in a Doom mod before, this is one of the largest releases the community has ever seen - at least in terms of digital size and scale, and it definitely is the largest-scale project that I have ever worked on in my life. Join historical battles, relieve the action from the Second World War from a new perspective and battle the diabolical Adolf Hitler, who is twisting science and the occult in his pathological mission to conquer the world. The fate of all free peoples hangs in the balance - failure is not an option. Get the first chapter of Blade of Agony now from the official page and make sure to read the info pages while it's loading to not get lost too easily.
Let's point something concerning...
PERFORMANCE FOR LOW END PCs:
- Take a look to ENH. OPTIONS
- I suggest to deactivate smoke effects for low-end pcs, also to tweak models distance to 4096 or 2048.
- Avoid at all costs Multisample & FXAA if you don't have at least 4gbs or VRAM and a Quad-Core CPU, but surely you can activate at least the Bloom effect which is so good to see
- Do not use OpenAL for audio, we can't assure you that it is perfectly supported by GZDoom (it is known in the past that OpenAL caused several craps here and there)
- I can run the game with above settings at 40/50fps with:
AMD Athlon x2 250 3ghz Dual-Core [NEVER OVERCLOCK CPUs!]
4gb ram ddr3 800mhz
GeForce GT 610 1024mb (2048mb total) [UPDATE YOUR VIDEO DRIVERS, ALWAYS]
1024x768 60hz no VSync
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit Service Pack 1 with .Net Framework 4.5
PS: I can only speak for 32bit users in the end until I'll upgrade my OS
CPU:Intel Core I3 4030U
Videocard:Geforce GT 840M.
Ram:4GB,can be upgraded to 8GB.
I consider the CPU is the problem of the lagg.Also where the fuck on Mission 1 is the supply key for the chest?