Type: Ice, Demon, Elemental
Brightmaps: No
Actor modification: None
ACS: None

Credits:
Code: Gaia74
Sounds: Blizzard Entertainment, Riot Games
Sprites: Amuscaria - Eriance, Maelstrom
Sprite Edit: Gaia74 (just the recolor :'))
Idea Base: I tried to do with just recolors the pyro demon in a Ice one :)

Description:
Those who dared to challenge the demons, met this type of demon, a freezing beast that is said was once a subordinate of a god, with high-level powers and ice mastery as well as being difficult to dodge, Celt is a creature terrible and quite fearsome

Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g9ASRe4j7lAGz0dEbmccMR86566wN2-v/view?usp=sharing

I used it at first for one of my maps, but I decided to share it, maybe it's not a big thing but it's something simple and maybe someone will like it, cheers! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gunslahyer_Pi
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
1 year 11 months ago #2 by Gunslahyer_Pi
Replied by Gunslahyer_Pi on topic [SUBMISSION] Celt
An icy variant of the bruiser demon? Yeah that works. Would work really well for snow and ice based maps.

Good job. I'll have to check it out!

• mattbratt11
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
1 year 11 months ago #3 by mattbratt11
Replied by mattbratt11 on topic [SUBMISSION] Celt
What about an update to Toxin Lord from several years ago?
I heard that HGA2.wad had a heavily code-edited Toxin Lord and made it unbalanced.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find the original file that didn't contain third-party code edits.

• Gaia74
  • Gaia74's Avatar Topic Author
  • Imp
  • Imp
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #4 by Gaia74
Replied by Gaia74 on topic [SUBMISSION] Celt
Thank you Gunslahyer_Pi : )

Toxin Lord?, Never heard about that monster and I doubt I would something with it, I don't see reasons to work on it heh
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Gaia74.

• Gothic
More
1 year 11 months ago #5 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [SUBMISSION] Celt
This is a great monster, but it could use some polishing, like the recoloring which it was clearly made using Slade3, but there are a few stray red pixels from the original sprites.
This is only a suggestion, but maybe the lines on its body should be a darker shade of blue, and maybe change its horns just to look a little more different than the Pyro Demon, or the Archon of Hell, something like this:

Attachment not found

Also I think it should be nerfed a little, like reducing its life to 3000, which is still more health than Azazel, but less than the Cyberdemon, and reducing the intensity of some of the attacks, like the Spread attack just firing small shots, and reducing the damage of the diamond dust to 1 or 2.
The ice clones should have an ice coloring instead of strong blue, using Translation "Ice".
Another suggestion regarding the death animation, instead of turning into ash like the Pyro Demon, it should explode into ice chunks and then leaving ice dust upon dying.

• Gaia74
  • Imp
  • Imp
More
1 year 11 months ago #6 by Gaia74
I understand, I will see if I can make those improvements as soon as I can, at first my goal was to turn the pyro demon into some ice, that's how this thing was born

thank you very much, i will do my best : )

• Gaia74
  • Imp
  • Imp
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #7 by Gaia74
Hi, I'm back after some changes, I've made a few and I think they are fine, I'm still open to suggestions tho! n.n

Changes:

- Diamond Dust damage reduced to 2
- New death animation
- Some Typo Fixes
- Some pixels that were red or green are now changed to the correct colors

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rvCGQU-_bZ_bCbI4mefQt_bGgl5jInjr/view?usp=share_link

Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Gaia74. Reason: I forgot download ._.

• inkoalawetrust
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #8 by inkoalawetrust
Replied by inkoalawetrust on topic [SUBMISSION] Celt
Looks fine to me, only thing I would change is giving the monster editor keys  and maybe the formatting as well. There is also a problem where the Blood Color of Ice for the Celt and its' clones gives out Bad hex number errors, but it doesn't seem to be fixable anyway. The ice particles the Celt spawns also don't have NOINTERACTION which they should to improve performance slightly.

Also, since this is a monster whose main premise is ice attacks, how come it and it's clones have no damage factors for damage types like "Ice", "Freeze" etc ? It's not needed at all, but you'd kind of expect the Celt to have at least some resistance to those damage types.

Besides that it's a pretty cool actor , and the code is Zandronum compatible too.
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by inkoalawetrust.

• Gaia74
  • Imp
  • Imp
More
1 year 10 months ago #9 by Gaia74
I didn't think it would be necessary, and I decided to leave it without them so if a modder does something with damagetypes, he will not have too much trouble, although I can add it if necessary and the same with the keys editor, I don't have a problem : )

• inkoalawetrust
More
1 year 10 months ago #10 by inkoalawetrust
Replied by inkoalawetrust on topic [SUBMISSION] Celt
The damage types are not neccessary at all, but you should give the Celt editor keys/ particularly the //$Category and //$Title keys, so that it will appear with its' proper name in the editor, and show up on the monsters category, instead of appearing under the generic User-defined category with its' full class name (KXCelt).