Duplicate Download Links

• CARRiON
  • CARRiON's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wraith
  • Wraith
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #1 by CARRiON
Duplicate Download Links was created by CARRiON
Currently on Chrome and Edge (Not sure about other browsers), the following things in the repository have duplicate download links next to them or wrong/missing icons. These dupe links usually link to something else completely on the website. This could be seen as both confusing and "Unprofessional" so I'd like to bring it to the attention of the people in charge of such things.

Warning: Spoiler!

I apologize if this issue is already known, but in case it's not, I hope this list will be of some help in perhaps cleaning up these mysterious dupe links.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Blue Shadow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago #2 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic Duplicate Download Links
Yes, it's a known issue. The problem is that these need to be fixed manually, something no one is probably willing to do. And as you can see from that list, which I thank you for, there are a lot of them.

Still, this isn't to say it won't be fixed eventually. If anyone is going to do it at some point it'd probably me, but I currently lack motivation.

• CARRiON
  • Wraith
  • Wraith
More
6 years 7 months ago #3 by CARRiON
Replied by CARRiON on topic Duplicate Download Links
Understandable. Perhaps it would be better to do a little bit at a time instead of attempting to do them all at once.

It should also be pointed out, just in case no one is aware, that the "Legend of the Seven Paladins" and Flesh Feast" texture packs are corrupted.

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago #4 by Blue Shadow

CARRiON wrote: It should also be pointed out, just in case no one is aware, that the "Legend of the Seven Paladins" and Flesh Feast" texture packs are corrupted.

Thanks for the report. I just submitted an update for them.

• MagicWazard
More
6 years 6 months ago #5 by MagicWazard
Replied by MagicWazard on topic Duplicate Download Links

Blue Shadow wrote: Still, this isn't to say it won't be fixed eventually. If anyone is going to do it at some point it'd probably me, but I currently lack motivation.

I'll start on it over the next day or so. Luckily it doesn't require going into the back-end to fix, so it's mostly just busy-work.

And yes, thanks for the list, CARRiON. I'll bump every so often once progress is made so you can double-check from a user standpoint if it works correctly. :)

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #6 by Blue Shadow

CARRiON wrote: It should also be pointed out, just in case no one is aware, that the "Legend of the Seven Paladins" and Flesh Feast" texture packs are corrupted.

This has been resolved.

I'd advise that you clear your browser's cache before you attempt a download.

MagicWazard wrote: I'll start on it over the next day or so. Luckily it doesn't require going into the back-end to fix, so it's mostly just busy-work.

I appreciated :) . When you fix an item, could you update the list on the opening post and strike out that item (to keep track of things)?
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Blue Shadow.

• MagicWazard
More
6 years 6 months ago #7 by MagicWazard

Blue Shadow wrote: I appreciated :) . When you fix an item, could you update the list on the opening post and strike out that item (to keep track of things)?

Will do. Man, weird how persistent some of these "shadow" download links can be when everything appears to be formatted correctly...

@ CARRiON: I note you have a few items shown as not displaying an icon. I don't happen to be seeing that. Can you verify if that's still occurring after clearing your cache as Blue Shadow recommends to test the revised texture pack downloads?

• CARRiON
  • Wraith
  • Wraith
More
6 years 6 months ago #8 by CARRiON
Replied by CARRiON on topic Duplicate Download Links
Must have been that, they appear to have icons now. Apologies for the confusion there!

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 6 months ago #9 by Blue Shadow
Fonts and items have been fixed.

MagicWazard wrote: Man, weird how persistent some of these "shadow" download links can be when everything appears to be formatted correctly...

If you remember in the old days before the site overhaul, there were no icons associated with the download links. That obscured those "shadow" links.

• MagicWazard
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #10 by MagicWazard
Monsters and sounds are done! More incoming shortly.

EDIT: Textures done now too. Note that in the case of "Demonic Power Down" having two sample players, this is because there are two included sounds, and one sample player for each. Unusual in that we only typically have one sample player for each entry (no matter how many sounds are included), but intended in this case. :)
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by MagicWazard.