Floor Sprite:
Warning: Spoiler!

Key:
*=changed, +=added, -=removed

Latest Update:
*Reduced Spread

Download- Direct:
Click Meh To Download Teh Weapon
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Redxone.
The topic has been locked.
  • Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #2 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic [Call Of Duty]Vector SMG
Here is the glaring issue which was mentioned by Infirnex in the other thread: the weapon's sprites are model rips. They clash horribly with Doom's art style.
  • Redxone
  • Redxone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #3 by Redxone
Replied by Redxone on topic [Call Of Duty]Vector SMG
oh i will stop making COD weapons here i have a tactical shotgun that i made i will edit post completely
  • MagicWazard
More
9 years 10 months ago #4 by MagicWazard
Replied by MagicWazard on topic Tactical Shotgun

Redxone wrote: Sounds: Dont Quite Know Just Downloaded
Sprites: Some Artist On The Internet

If you're using assets taken from other sources, or created by other people, you'll need to give proper, detailed credit to the source. Just saying "The Internet" isn't descriptive enough. If you don't know who they were created by, ask around on the forums (either here or on the ZDoom forums). Somebody would be able to tell you.

Additionally, if you're using somebody else's spritework or audio, make sure that you have permission to do so (if that means contacting them directly, then that's what you'll have to do). Most people will let you use their sprites and stuff if you ask them (and credit them), but you always want to err on the side of caution and ask first.
  • Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #5 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic Tactical Shotgun
MagicWazard said it all!

Regarding the weapon sprites, I do recognize them, and if I'm not mistaken, they were made by DoomNukem and Mike12 at the ZDoom forums .
  • Redxone
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #6 by Redxone
Replied by Redxone on topic Tactical Shotgun

MagicWazard wrote:

Redxone wrote: Sounds: Dont Quite Know Just Downloaded
Sprites: Some Artist On The Internet

If you're using assets taken from other sources, or created by other people, you'll need to give proper, detailed credit to the source. Just saying "The Internet" isn't descriptive enough. If you don't know who they were created by, ask around on the forums (either here or on the ZDoom forums). Somebody would be able to tell you.

Additionally, if you're using somebody else's spritework or audio, make sure that you have permission to do so (if that means contacting them directly, then that's what you'll have to do). Most people will let you use their sprites and stuff if you ask them (and credit them), but you always want to err on the side of caution and ask first.

Blue Shadow wrote: MagicWazard said it all!

Regarding the weapon sprites, I do recognize them, and if I'm not mistaken, they were made by DoomNukem and Mike12 at the ZDoom forums .

ok i will look into that and see who i can find
ok found him he goes by Eriance
im pretty sure i have permission cause other mods use them too, like "Weapons Of Saturn"

so aside the sprite work hows the weapon functioning?
  • wildweasel
  • Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
9 years 10 months ago #7 by wildweasel
Replied by wildweasel on topic Tactical Shotgun
I don't know where you think you got this weapon from, but I can tell you Eriance didn't make it, and the sounds are very familiar. The animation in general is very Brutal Doom-esque, and I don't mean that as a compliment but more in terms of "you must have gotten it from Brutal Doom or one of its many sub-mods."

Also, just because some other mod has permission to use resources does NOT in ANY WAY grant you permissions to borrow it from them. It's a thing we call "common courtesy."
  • Redxone
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #8 by Redxone
Replied by Redxone on topic Tactical Shotgun

wildweasel wrote: I don't know where you think you got this weapon from, but I can tell you Eriance didn't make it, and the sounds are very familiar. The animation in general is very Brutal Doom-esque, and I don't mean that as a compliment but more in terms of "you must have gotten it from Brutal Doom or one of its many sub-mods."

Also, just because some other mod has permission to use resources does NOT in ANY WAY grant you permissions to borrow it from them. It's a thing we call "common courtesy."

fine you dont like it you draw me a new one comeback when its done
  • wildweasel
  • Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
9 years 10 months ago #9 by wildweasel
Replied by wildweasel on topic Tactical Shotgun

Redxone wrote: fine you dont like it you draw me a new one comeback when its done

With an attitude like that, I don't owe you shit. Either learn to make it yourself or learn to give people credit for the things they made.
  • NeuralStunner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #10 by NeuralStunner
Replied by NeuralStunner on topic Tactical Shotgun
Redxone, I'm quite tired of your bad attitude toward anyone telling you what you need to fix. Weasel is correct; Nobody owes you anything. It is your responsibility to fix your omissions.

This site has a reputation for quality and decency to uphold. Your disregard for both is unacceptable. That is why I am closing this topic.

If you do decide to grace us with another submission, I suggest you first take a long break and do some self-improvement. (No, that is not a joke.)

What happens to your future endeavors on this site is entirely up to you. Make an effort to get along and we can put this all behind us.