header general

Tactical Shotgun

• Salahmander
  • Cacodemon
  • Cacodemon
More
9 years 10 months ago #11 by Salahmander
Replied by Salahmander on topic Tactical Shotgun
Got this feeling this is gonna be the first ever topic to end up in the Edge of Chaos.
The topic has been locked.
  • Redxone
  • Redxone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #12 by Redxone
Replied by Redxone on topic Tactical Shotgun

NeuralStunner wrote: Redxone, I'm quite tired of your bad attitude toward anyone telling you what you need to fix. Weasel is correct; Nobody owes you anything. It is your responsibility to fix your omissions.

This site has a reputation for quality and decency to uphold. Your disregard for both is unacceptable. That is why I am closing this topic.

If you do decide to grace us with another submission, I suggest you first take a long break and do some self-improvement. (No, that is not a joke.)

What happens to your future endeavors on this site is entirely up to you. Make an effort to get along and we can put this all behind us.

im just not used to ppl being D's about my things i used to make mods for minecraft
and everyone was VERY appreciative about them i dont know that i like the community i post a weapon that took me alot of work to put together and everyone
picks on every little detail im not going to put up with that sorry but no im not going to take that
  • wildweasel
  • Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
9 years 10 months ago #13 by wildweasel
Replied by wildweasel on topic Tactical Shotgun

Redxone wrote: im just not used to ppl being D's about my things

Realm667 has a very high standard of quality for what gets accepted. It is natural for things to be picked apart; if you're willing to listen, a lot of the advice given will help you become a better modder.

i used to make mods for minecraft and everyone was VERY appreciative about them

Let's be frank: the Minecraft community is very, very different from the Doom community. Minecraft mods have a very different standard for what is good and what isn't, and much of what I see at Minecraft community forums is just blind praise, if a given mod is noticed at all.

i dont know that i like the community

That's your problem.

i post a weapon that took me alot of work to put together

It took "you" a lot of work? What about the people whose work you built from? Don't they get any recognition for what THEY made?

and everyone picks on every little detail

Again, if you would only listen and take it to heart...you are better than this. Find it within yourself to identify what is wrong and fix the problems that have been pointed out to you. It is not hard.

im not going to put up with that sorry but no im not going to take that

Nothing is stopping you from leaving, either. But I'd honestly prefer that you stuck around and learned from your mistakes. Or if you're the type that's more likely to listen to wise canines:
  • Redxone
  • Redxone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #14 by Redxone
Replied by Redxone on topic Tactical Shotgun

wildweasel wrote:

Redxone wrote: im just not used to ppl being D's about my things

Realm667 has a very high standard of quality for what gets accepted. It is natural for things to be picked apart; if you're willing to listen, a lot of the advice given will help you become a better modder.

i used to make mods for minecraft and everyone was VERY appreciative about them

Let's be frank: the Minecraft community is very, very different from the Doom community. Minecraft mods have a very different standard for what is good and what isn't, and much of what I see at Minecraft community forums is just blind praise, if a given mod is noticed at all.

all your opinions look i really dont care what you think, no offence
all i care about is feedback on how the weapon functions
now sitting here arguing isnt going to get anything done so give
me some feedback on how my weapon works if it works well
or doesnt work well thats the kinda stuff im interested in
  • Armstrong
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #15 by Armstrong
Replied by Armstrong on topic Tactical Shotgun
Hay redxon you need to lighten up ok. If you want a good review on your stuff then make it your own project. you can not copy off of anybody else's project and make it your own that's cheating.

Like I said before you need to do YOUR "OWN" project. Take the time and do it the right way. Slow down and go back and try it again. If its too hard for you. make a new one like a missile launcher or something different. Do NOT copy anymore. Start from scratch.

And quite beening a smart laic. Ok come on now its enough!
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Armstrong.
  • Armstrong
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #16 by Armstrong
Look redxon this guys are trying there best here to help you ok we are not saying that your project is wrong. There trying to make a point out to you ok. You do not need to give them a hard time about it. You need to give us the change to help you and to figure it out if you need help doing something just ask. You don't need to get upset.

Just figure it out and just try your best ok if it does not comeout ok then retry it again. Do not give your self up so quickly.

Put it this way redxon when I'm doing a painting or a drawing and I'm also an artist. But sometimes if I make a mistake I go back and fix it & if it doesn't turn ok then I can always redo it again and make that painting or drawing even better.

The point is redxon there is no mistakes and just try your best. give your self some time and go back and fix it make sure its right and if it doesn't. Go back and fix that mistake again redo it. You can make your mistakes a good one and make it better.
  • Armstrong
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #17 by Armstrong
To prove my point I will show my 3 of my best painting and drawing.
  • NeuralStunner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #18 by NeuralStunner
Replied by NeuralStunner on topic Tactical Shotgun
Stop multi-posting!
  • Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #19 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic Tactical Shotgun

Redxone wrote: give me some feedback on how my weapon works if it works well
or doesnt work well thats the kinda stuff im interested in

Discussing the weapon's functionality is moot, as it's in violation of the credits rule. You didn't provide credits for the sprites or sounds, seeming not to care who made them, and you claimed that the code of the weapon is 100% yours (you only listed your name as the coder), which, in fact, is not.

Look, if you're going to submit something here, don't just rip it from other people's mods without their permission. They won't appreciate it. We won't appreciate it. You want some sprites for your new, awesome weapon? Go check out the ZDoom forums. People there post all kind of stuff for public use. Just make sure to ask for their permission to use their assets in your submission.

No one is going to judge you if you didn't make your own sounds or sprites (although you're highly encouraged to do so if you can), as not everyone has the skill to do it. Code, on the other hand, should be manageable if you have the knowledge.

For the time being and for our and your sake, I suggest that you refrain from making any new submissions, and that you take the time to observe and learn how things go around here.