• NourPrince
  • NourPrince's Avatar Topic Author
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #1 by NourPrince
MP40 was created by NourPrince
Please someone delete this thread
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by NourPrince. Reason: I dont know how to delete :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Infirnex
  • Demon
  • Demon
More
9 years 10 months ago #2 by Infirnex
Replied by Infirnex on topic MP40
Those sprites cannot be used. Cory Whittle wished for none of his sprite work to be used....as much as that rule as been broken, it would be best to find other sprites.

On the topic of change, I do think you should change the name. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but most people associate MP40 with a certain famous weapon used by Nazi's, and frequently in Wolfenstein .

I can't test the weapon itself yet, unfortunately.

• Armstrong
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #3 by Armstrong
Replied by Armstrong on topic MP40
Nourprince
The assault rifle that you have is cool I'm sorry to say but I already have something like that in my files to and it looks just the same. The assault rifle that's not the right name for it.

mp40 is already in Armory category and it looks just like the same weapon from wolfernstein and rise of the triad.

But don't give up keep on trying and soon or later you'll get it right.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Armstrong.

• NourPrince
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
9 years 10 months ago #4 by NourPrince
Replied by NourPrince on topic MP40
I'm sorry for copying MP40 and breaking the rules.... but i'm new to this website... so i will delete this forum.

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #5 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic MP40

NourPrince wrote: i will delete this forum.

Well, you can't do that, but if you do not want to proceed with this submission anymore, just say so, and we can close it.

Since I have already written these I will post them:
  • The sprites are cartoon-ish, so they won't work, unfortunately, even if permission was granted by the original author to use them.
  • The weapon is overpowered. The primary fire mode made short work of the monsters on MAP18 of Doom 2. The secondary fire mode is even more powerful, with high damage output (it only took two blasts to finish off a mancubus!) and fire rate.
  • If you run out of bullets, but not shells, the weapon will automatically switch to other weapon. Also, you can use the secondary fire mode even if you don't have shells in your inventroy.
And again, just like the Riotgun, this seems to be made to serve as two weapons in one.

• NourPrince
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
9 years 10 months ago #6 by NourPrince
Replied by NourPrince on topic MP40
Well because i'm not a kind of guy that can do art on doom weapons *just recoloring - editing them*, im copying the sprites from other mod until theres someone that can help me. and the weapon is type of overpowered due to the fact it compresses 2 shells to damage same as quad shotgun. and i know thats too crazy to be 2 in one weapon but i felt that deserves after one other ammo is empty :P

But im really sorry about the weapon. I'm still newb tho :S

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #7 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic MP40
Doom's super shotgun consumes two shells per blast, too, but it still not as powerful as this weapon.

Anyways, I've closed your submission, but please, do not blank out your posts next time.