CONSIDERABLY SMALL UPDATE

Submitted:
Super Piter
Decorate: Super Piter
GLDefs: N/A
Sprites: iD Software, Kinsie, Finalizer, xLightningStormL
Sprite Edit: Super Piter
Sounds: Valve Inc, Gearbox Software

It's a slight revamp... But still no ZScript going on 'ere. Weapon is still good in decorate.

Now, what DOES the update have? Well, it's simple really:
- REVAMPED SPRITES! There are no more of those weird artifacts and obsolete Alpha Arms (as there is new ones based on them already)
- NEW SOUNDS! The TF2 sounds didn't seem really nice with this, so instead, how about HL:OF sounds instead?
- Uh... Slight changes in the code. Now the weapon doesn't fire way TOO fast for a strong rifle like this one.

File Attachment:

File Name: UACSniperRifle.zip
File Size:104 KB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gothic
More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [UPDATE] UAC Sniper Rifle
Speaking of sprites, those outlines being a single color always bothered me, so I edited the sprites to look more smooth, if you want to use them or not it is your choice: UAC Sniper edit

One thing I didn't noticed the first time is that it deals less damage than a full shotgun shot, so maybe it should use different ammunition.
Have you considered adding a zoom state? Most snipers in the armory have one.
The firing frames need to be bright.
The sounds also need to be converted to OGG. I already did that in the edited wad above.
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Gothic.

• SuperPiter_Official_Realm667
  • SuperPiter_Official_Realm667's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #3 by SuperPiter_Official_Realm667
Replied by SuperPiter_Official_Realm667 on topic [UPDATE] UAC Sniper Rifle

One thing I didn't noticed the first time is that it deals less damage than a full shotgun shot, so maybe it should use different ammunition.

I didn't really bother using another ammo type, Since the weapon IS already coded to always fire a 100% accurate shot every single time anyway so it theoretically should deal MORE damage than the Shotgun or SSG from long range.

Have you considered adding a zoom state? Most snipers in the armory have one.

I did, but honestly, i decided against adding zooming because... I don't want to hit my head against the damn wall trying to get the fucking thing to work, i already tried and felt that it just wasn't gonna be worth trying anyway.

The firing frames need to be bright.

That's my bad for NOT using the actual firing frames on the "Flash" state.

The sounds also need to be converted to OGG. I already did that in the edited wad above.

Thanks for doing that, but i don't think Zandy really likes OGG files all that much.

• Gothic
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Gothic

I didn't really bother using another ammo type, Since the weapon IS already coded to always fire a 100% accurate shot every single time anyway so it theoretically should deal MORE damage than the Shotgun or SSG from long range.

I did, but honestly, i decided against adding zooming because... I don't want to hit my head against the damn wall trying to get the fucking thing to work, i already tried and felt that it just wasn't gonna be worth trying anyway.

It's not really convenient because it wastes shells that could be used more effectively with the Shotgun or the SSG. And if the intent is to use it for long range shots, then a zooming function is necessary. If you think it's too hard, take a look at the snipers in the repository, the code is there to be used after all.

That's my bad for NOT using the actual firing frames on the "Flash" state.

To make frames bright, just add the keyword Bright , it doesn't matter if it's on the Flash state or not.

Thanks for doing that, but i don't think Zandy really likes OGG files all that much.

Just tested, works fine. Zandronum, and by extension Skulltag, has supported OGG files for years now.

• Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #5 by SuperPiter_Official_Realm667
Made the bullets deal more damage in a random(x * 3) value and also added zoom, but eeeh... The scoped sprite just sucks.

File Attachment:

File Name: UACSniper_Edit.zip
File Size:77 KB

• Gothic
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #6 by Gothic
I think it looks fine, though I think it would look better blue, to match with the HUD sprite.
I made some minor edits to your code here:
Sniper Edit 2
The sprite disappeared on the deselect state because the sprite name was wrong, and also made it silent so the scope doesn't alert monsters, they are alerted only when firing. Are you ok with these changes?

• Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #7 by SuperPiter_Official_Realm667
I am fine with this edit.

• Gothic
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #8 by Gothic