Actor modification: No
ACS: No

Credits:
Code: Spectre, OkDoomer174
Sounds: Doom Eternal
Sprites: Spectre
Idea Base: Marauder from Doom Eternal

Description:
A corrupt Night Sentinel out to kill the Slayer. Or, uh, Doomguy.
Originally from Doom Eternal.

Sprite:
(attached)

Download Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aVhkPwBMLkxm7m8vKEa9NHjVxXtGxwxZ/view?usp=sharing
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by OkDoomer174.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• inkoalawetrust
More
2 years 9 months ago #2 by inkoalawetrust
Replied by inkoalawetrust on topic Marauder
The code seems to have a bug where the Invulnerable flag isn't unset from the Marauder even after he lowers his shield. It's also kinda annoying and repetitive to have him ALWAYS raise his shield for a second every time he takes damage. The See state also seems to jump to some nonexistent Missile4 state if his target is closer than 200 MU. It's also weird that the dogs are spawned using A_PainAttack instead of just A_SpawnItemEx.

The code seems to be mostly Zandronum compatible too, besides the usage of some flags like ALLOWPAIN and the anonymous functions in the See state. So I think it should be changed to be compatible with Zandronum, especially since it already uses a lot of Zandronum hacks like inventory tokens. Otherwise if you aren't going to make it Zandronum compatible, then you should just use ZScript to be able to directly modify the actors' flags and remove the need for inventory tokens.

One last thing too that doesn't have to do with the code. Lowering the sample rate of the audio from 44100 Hz to 22050 Hz makes the Marauders' voice lines sound a bit more in place with the other sounds that Doom's vanilla monsters make. Though if you don't want to change the sample rate, you are free to do so.

• OkDoomer174
  • OkDoomer174's Avatar Topic Author
  • Imp
  • Imp
More
2 years 9 months ago #3 by OkDoomer174
Replied by OkDoomer174 on topic Marauder
Thanks for the feedback. A couple things:
  • The Marauder always raising his shield is intentional, and I've never seen invulnerability get stuck. The current version of the Marauder will only lower his shield in his mid-range charge attack, which is kinda unbalanced and not really representative of how it works in Eternal. I added more un-invulns to his axe and SSG attacks, and I'll probably raise his health by 200 for balancing.
    • Sub-point: I'll include a usage guide for those unfamiliar with the Marauder's attacks.
  • Zandro compat is almost done, I just need to find a way to force pain states even when invulnerable.
  • Good idea about the sounds! I'll probably throw in some low-bitrate sounds in another folder so that people who want to use them can.

• OkDoomer174
  • Imp
  • Imp
More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #4 by OkDoomer174
Zandronum compatibility is complete. It uses a disgusting, hacky method to replace ALLOWPAIN, but that's Zandro.
I also removed the shield-down-ness at his axe attack, figured it was too easy to hit him. The dog also now has a see sound.
Also included is a usage guide and chunkier sounds.
New download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KKK-_t06h18y31XuVp2aK3LvTW5dCs4Q/view?usp=sharing
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by OkDoomer174.

• inkoalawetrust
More
2 years 9 months ago #5 by inkoalawetrust
I'm guessing it had to be done by setting and unsetting NODAMAGE on the Marauder instead of INVULNERABLE. Besides that, this seems fine now, but you should bring his editor number of 3100 back.

• OkDoomer174
  • Imp
  • Imp
More
2 years 9 months ago #6 by OkDoomer174

• inkoalawetrust
More
2 years 9 months ago #7 by inkoalawetrust
Actually one last thing. The Marauder sprites themselves were not made by Spectre, who I presume is the guy that made this video . Who didn't credit anyone else for them.

The Marauder sprites themselves were made by DavidG/It'sNatureToDie, Xim, Scalliano, Mattbratt11, Mryayayify, and edited by Craneo . Spectre just made the sprites for the dogs, shield, and axe projectiles. Well unless the axe and shield are also from someone uncredited. So credit all those people too for the sprites.

• OkDoomer174
  • Imp
  • Imp
More
2 years 8 months ago #8 by OkDoomer174
Thanks for that, here's the extra super final version.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ed45vb9E_vbBrfJGS7KVbOAAqAbXwnp3/view?usp=sharing

• inkoalawetrust
More
2 years 8 months ago #9 by inkoalawetrust