No connection to other monsters in the bestiary 
"Puriigenestealer"
has a melee atttack
no ranged attack
Alien
no actor modifications and no ACS
I wrote the DECORATE
no GLDEFS
The sounds originated from Strife: Quest for the Sigil and Space Hulk Vengeance of the Blood Angels
None of them have been edited
The monster, blood and gore sprites are all from Space Hulk VotBA and were made by Key Made and Krisalis games
The monsters were inspired by the Warhammer 40k Space Hulk VotBA game and the Genestealer lore in general.
the Puriigenestealer is a quick and towering Xenos(alien) that seeks to close the distance to the player and tear them apart with its four powerful arms.
Will also seek out Zombiemen, Shotgunguys, and Chaingunguys in order to "infect" and transform them into Genestealer Hybrids

Hybrid
Easy
no connection to other monsters in the bestiary 
"Hybrid"
Has no melee attack
Has a projectile ranged attack
Alien
no actor modifications and no ACS
CREDITS
I wrote the DECORATE
no GLDEFS
The sounds originated from Strife: Quest for the Sigil and Space Hulk Vengence of the Blood Angels
None of them have been edited
The monster, blood and gore sprites are all from Space Hulk VotBA and were made by Key Made and Krisalis games
The monsters were inspired by the Warhammer 40k Space Hulk VotBA game and the Genestealer lore in general.
the Hybrid is an aggressive humanoid Xenos(alien) that attacks with its powerful Laspistol. 
completely loyal to the Puriigenestealer that transformed it, it does not infight with other Hybrids or Puriigenestealers. 
Despite these advantages, it is only marginally tougher and faster than the possessed humans and can be easily disposed of.

Puriigenestealer/Hybrid
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by ToiletWineConnoisseur.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mattbratt11
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
1 year 11 months ago #2 by mattbratt11
Replied by mattbratt11 on topic [SUBMISSION] Puriigenestealer/Hubrid
What does Purii Mean?
Shouldn't Gene Stealer be renamed Gene Theif instead?

• ToiletWineConnoisseur
  • ToiletWineConnoisseur's Avatar Topic Author
  • Shotgunner
  • Shotgunner
More
1 year 11 months ago #3 by ToiletWineConnoisseur
Replied by ToiletWineConnoisseur on topic [SUBMISSION] Puriigenestealer/Hubrid
Purii is just used to mean a full purestrain genestealers
I guess GW just thought genestealer sounded more grimdark

• inkoalawetrust
More
1 year 11 months ago #4 by inkoalawetrust
Replied by inkoalawetrust on topic [SUBMISSION] Puriigenestealer/Hubrid
First of all, the word hybrid is spelled wrong in the title. Second, the submission templates are meant to be filled in, not answered like a Q&A, also, the text on your first post is all over the place in general, and really hard to read.

Now unto the submission itself:
  • The file you uploaded seems to be one of SLADE's backups of your file (Not much of an issue, but still.)
  • The folders with each of the sprite sets are in the root directory, which means that they aren't read by GZDoom, you should move the folders inside a Sprites folder in the root directory. In fact, I'm not sure if you even playtested this submission, since this is a very obvious problem.
  • Loading the separate DECORATE files for the genestealer and their gibs by naming them DECORATE.whatevername is actualy undefined behavior in GZDoom, so you should instead move the genestealer code in a file just called DECORATE, and load the gib code using an include directive., they go something like #Include "insert full directory path to file to parse here".
  • The indentation and capitalization for the code is all over the place, you should standardize and fix it, I've written an example of what it should look like below.
  • Inside the gore sprite folder, there are two files both called CHNKA0, one of which has no extension, which one is the real one ? Because both of them have different graphics in them, but GZDoom will have to pick one of the two to render once you fix the way the sprites are organized.
  • In the Genestealer sprite folder, the back sprites of the monster running have no rotations specified, nor extensions. The two leaping sprites also have no extensions.
  • The back sprites for the Hybrid also have no rotations or extensions, the two laser dot sprites also have no extensions.
  • There is an identical copy of the HYBSEE sound in the Sounds folder.
  • Not exactly a problem, but if you are going to use anonymous functions for the code, then you might as well convert it to ZScript, which would also allow you to shorten the gib spawning code for the Genestealer and Hybrid's deaths significantly.
  • This one is more of a suggestion, but you can give the Genestealer and Hybrid editor numbers if you want, you just need to first check this document first . To make sure the numbers you give them don't conflict with the numbers used by any other Realm667 submission, or any of the built-in (G)ZDoom actors.
Here is an example of how the code should be written and formatted, using the first 33 lines of the Genestealers' DECORATE code:
Code:
Actor PuriiGenestealer //replace Baron of Hell or add DoomEdnum and use as you see fit {     Health 1000     Radius 38     Height 70     Mass 800     Speed 20     Monster     +NoRadiusDmg     +DontMorph     +NoTarget     +FloorClip     DeathSound "DEATH"     AttackSound "MELEE"     ActiveSound "GENACT"     SeeSound "GENSEE"     PainSound "GENPAN"     MeleeRange 86     Scale 1.2     States     {         Spawn:             GENE A 10 A_Look()             Loop         See:             TNT1 A 0             {                 A_CheckProximity("Infect","Zombieman",200,1,CPXF_SETTARGET,AAPTR_DEFAULT);                 A_CheckProximity("Infect","ShotgunGuy",200,1,CPXF_SETTARGET,AAPTR_DEFAULT);                 A_CheckProximity("Infect","Chaingunguy",200,1,CPXF_SETTARGET,AAPTR_DEFAULT);             }             GENE AABBCC 3 A_Chase()             Loop

To indent lines, use the TAB key instead of the spacebar.

• Gunslahyer_Pi
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
1 year 11 months ago #5 by Gunslahyer_Pi
Replied by Gunslahyer_Pi on topic [SUBMISSION] Puriigenestealer/Hubrid
Seconded.

A few refining tweaks and this beast actor will be great. I could easily refine the changes
but It's not my mod. Correct your issues brah and update the submission. I could use it
for a boss monster in my megawad with ALL credits to you man.

• Gothic
More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #6 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [SUBMISSION] Puriigenestealer/Hubrid
Somehow I completely ignored this thread, I just hope OP didn't do the same. Any progress on this?
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Gothic.

• Gothic
More
1 year 3 months ago #7 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [SUBMISSION] Puriigenestealer/Hubrid
No progress reported since last check. Closing.