header general

[SUBMISSION] RoboCain (Robocop 2)

• SkeletronMK666
  • SkeletronMK666's Avatar Topic Author
  • Demon
  • Demon
More
1 year 10 months ago #41 by SkeletronMK666
Replied by SkeletronMK666 on topic [SUBMISSION] RoboCain (Robocop 2)
ok i'll keep the melee in EVEN if it's redudant. i'll make the laugh faster (but the point was to make him vaunerable to begin with), make the grenade launch farther, and finally i'll make the death frames cooler, by adding a brain fall out of the head like the movie. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SkeletronMK666
  • Demon
  • Demon
More
1 year 10 months ago #42 by SkeletronMK666
[UPDATE]- new death frames
- faster laugh animation by twice as much
-fixed grenade launcher
-fixed red errors on the frames

https://www.m*diafire.com/file/tasy56o9mrku5ho/CAIN2.0V3.zip/file

• SkeletronMK666
  • Demon
  • Demon
More
1 year 10 months ago #43 by SkeletronMK666

new death frames :P

• Gothic
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #44 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [SUBMISSION] RoboCain (Robocop 2)
The corpse should fully hit the ground, so it doesn't obstruct your view.

Also, even if it doesn't bleed, it still leaves blood decals, it needs the NOBLOODDECALS flag, or just the NOBLOOD flag to use regular bullet puffs instead.
I think it could use a different death sound instead of the Arachnotron.
EDIT: I forgot, there's still one error on the console, the ammount of damage from the bullets shouldn't have a decimal.
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Gothic.

• SkeletronMK666
  • Demon
  • Demon
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #45 by SkeletronMK666
[UPDATE]
V4

- removed the decimal form the dam value
-added two more death frames to make him look more like he's laying down
-added the no decal flag

https://www.m*diafire.com/file/hentizxqi11392t/CAIN2.0V4.zip/file-
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by SkeletronMK666.

• SkeletronMK666
  • Demon
  • Demon
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #46 by SkeletronMK666
https://www.m*diafire.com/file/sil2joj886gqw5z/CAIN2.0V.4.1.zip/file

sorry for the flood, for got to do something

- added the new death frames IN CODE

ok let me know if you need anything with this monster, i'll make the adjustments

[UPDATE]

V5

- melee does 10-20 dam

- new death sounds, edit of the baron death and some machanical sounds form cain

-fixed red error in the sprite frame

https://www.m*diafire.com/file/jvy2evz6mzqv8wv/CAIN2.0V5.rar/file
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by SkeletronMK666. Reason: UPDATING THE MOD AGAIN

• inkoalawetrust
More
1 year 9 months ago #47 by inkoalawetrust
Replied by inkoalawetrust on topic [SUBMISSION] RoboCain (Robocop 2)
About NOBLOODDECALS, you might want to use NOBLOOD instead, it does the same thing as the former flag, but also specifies that the actor isn't anything squishy and organic, which is used by stuff like projectiles, since they check if they hit a non-bleeding actor by checking if it has NOBLOOD.

• Gunslahyer_Pi
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
1 year 9 months ago #48 by Gunslahyer_Pi
Replied by Gunslahyer_Pi on topic [SUBMISSION] RoboCain (Robocop 2)
Koala is right. The NOBLOOD flag eliminates the squishy factor from your monster. I did notice that there were blood splatters in the earlier versions of this dude.

On hit, Cain spawns sparks and then having blood effects on the walls was really strange. Looking really forward to previewing this guy again.

• SkeletronMK666
  • Demon
  • Demon
More
1 year 9 months ago #49 by SkeletronMK666
the site has been down for me and alot of ppl the last week or so. in that time did you see any OTHER things you want me to change before i update cain? i want to get him right. think of a list of things.

• inkoalawetrust
More
1 year 9 months ago #50 by inkoalawetrust
Replied by inkoalawetrust on topic [SUBMISSION] RoboCain (Robocop 2)
Okay, I playtested it myself, here are the issues I found.
  • The Sounds folder seems to have duplicate sounds with extensions, but SNDINFO uses only the extensionless versions, so one of the two versions should be removed.
  • The //$Category editor key is misspelled and so it doesn't work.
  • One of the death sprites (CAIDJ0) has a wrong file name which causes it to not work.
  • The %o obituary key is capitalized, which makes it not be replaced by the players' name.
  • The GrenadeAttack state does not have any Goto, Loop and A_Jump or anything. And it falls through to the pain state. Unless that's intentional behavior.
  • I'm not sure why, but it seems like it's pretty rare for cain to use any of his attacks besides shooting his minigun.
  • The offsets on his minigun firing sprites need to be fixed to match his non-firing sprite, since currently it looks like he's jumping up and down when firing his minigun.
  • For his Missile state, you should add an A_JumpIfCloser call that takes him to his melee state if the target is within melee range. Similar to what A_CustomComboAttack does. That way he also won't only ever do melee attacks if you are unfortunate or stupid enough to be in melee range of him.
  • His grenade shouldn't outright be called UACGrenade, not only does it not really make sense (The UAC made Robocain ?), but it will also cause conflicts with the UAC Bot submission the code was taken from. The grenades' spawn height also seems to be incredibly low at only 3 map units, so it should probably be increased to match the position of his grenade launcher. Which would also probably fix the range issue I mentioned below.
These are not problems but more suggestions.
  1. If you are not going to add the NoBlood flag so the actor can "bleed" sparks. Then the Sparks blood actor could be given NOGRAVITY so that it doesn't fall like normal blood. (And maybe also play a sound ? I see that there's already one in the files.). Should probably also set Cain's blood color to something like yellow, since the default is blood red.
  2. Something something clean formatting.
  3. IMO he's very slow, maybe bump his speed up to 8 or 12. He was pretty slow and clunky in the film but not that slow.
  4. Maybe make the muzzleflash of his minigun larger, currently it's so small that it's hard to tell he's even shooting.
  5. Perhaps make the minigun a bit more accurate ? Currently going like 10 meters away from Cain causes his accuracy to reach stormtrooper levels.
  6. The speed of his grenade should be increased a bit, currently it's pretty range is pretty low otherwise, also maybe add a range check with A_JumpIfCloser on the grenade state, so he doesn't fire if the grenade can't directly its' target or bounce at it.