King Scape

• Scape
  • Scape's Avatar Topic Author
  • Shotgunner
  • Shotgunner
More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #1 by Scape
King Scape was created by Scape
So , this started as a inside joke with me and a friend talking about how I look like a doom final boss. And so i went off to scripting a Fatso annoying enough to make you cry, shit and bleed all your happiness away.
  • He has a hefty 2500 HP with an insane attack speed thanks to MISSILEMORE and MISSILEEVENMORE, 3 abilities , of which one is passive, And he can float his ass into outer space ( but limited to around 512 Z because i hate shooting monsters high in the air ).
  • The first ability lets him fire off Homing Missiles marked with a particle fountain that slowly follows you till it either hits a ceiling that is not "F_SKY1", or till it reaches you, where then it will fire off 4 missiles towards your current location.
  • The second ability lets my fatass go invisible and relocate when it gets hurt. With a simple formula (Maxhealth-CurrentHealth/100) and a A_Jump function, gives ZKingScape a max chance of 25 to go invisible for 10 seconds , relocate and then flame your ass from behind. Tho this can be avoided if you make it feel pain , after which it will start attacking again.
  • Now the third ability lets it spawn minions around it every 2000 ticks or so ( around 57 seconds ) and distract you from your main goal.
I hope you enjoy this madness-fueled monster.

PS: If you wanna test him out first , load in the zip file and go to MAP00 ( console "map map00" ). It's a small testing arena i made.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Scape. Reason: The added map

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kan3
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
1 year 6 months ago #2 by Kan3
Replied by Kan3 on topic King Scape
First, you should put the dude in a pk3, then in a zip.

I tested it out of curiosity and I admit that he's fun, but I believe it's too much of a joke to be submitted in here.
A spamming flying screaming mancubus, is not really appealing x)
More than that, there's nothing "new", neither the sprites, nor the sounds.

• Scape
  • Scape's Avatar Topic Author
  • Shotgunner
  • Shotgunner
More
1 year 6 months ago #3 by Scape
Replied by Scape on topic King Scape
Well it is a joke , but i guess it can be tweaked by the person using it.
I intended this to be more of a code dump for future projects so idk

• Gothic
More
1 year 6 months ago #4 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic King Scape
I think this could work as a regular monster if you give it custom graphics (something fitting for a floating monster), new sounds, make it less aggressive (remove either the MISSILEMORE or the MISSILEEVENMORE flag), remove the exit level function and the spawning monsters at the start (they really don't help much)
If you really intend this to be a joke monster, then we can't accept it.
Also if you include a demo map, it should be a separate wad file, not inside the pk3 submission, and don't include a heavy mp3 with it.

• Gothic
More
1 year 3 months ago #5 by Gothic
So, do you intend to work more on this?

• Gothic
More
11 months 4 days ago #6 by Gothic
Rejected due to lack of interest.