[Submission] Dog Soldier

• Amiga Angel
  • Amiga Angel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
11 months 1 week ago #11 by Amiga Angel
Replied by Amiga Angel on topic [Submission] Dog Soldier

As the creator of the Jackal (another humanoid canid), I fully support this. My only complaint is that the arms look a little funky on some angles, and the use of sprite mirroring for frames 6-8.

EDIT: Quick question, were you inspired in any way by this? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiboaO3zKCAAxW0EDQIHRIdBc0QFnoECDAQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FDog_Soldiers_(film)&usg=AOvVaw3aZKzLJZjDqHpWeFcTDhXf&opi=89978449

thanks!

the reason for mirroring was that the monster I based it on also used mirroring. I dont think I can make the missing frames.

The chaingunner will not be using mirroring since the doom 2 chaingunner doesnt use them.

If the mirroring frames is a problem then I can remove the shotgun dog soldier and just post the chaingun dog soldier when he is done?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Margaret Thatcher
  • Lost Soul
  • Lost Soul
More
11 months 1 week ago #12 by Margaret Thatcher
Replied by Margaret Thatcher on topic [Submission] Dog Soldier
You do you, it's more of a personal taste thing.

• BFG Major Mike
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
11 months 1 week ago #13 by BFG Major Mike
Replied by BFG Major Mike on topic [Submission] Dog Soldier
burned into my memory

• BFG Major Mike
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
11 months 1 week ago #14 by BFG Major Mike
Replied by BFG Major Mike on topic [Submission] Dog Soldier
But also still, the enemy is good, even if I sound like some edgy Nazi 12 Year old, it's really well done and I like the addition of varying deaths

• Gothic
More
7 months 3 weeks ago #15 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [Submission] Dog Soldier
Sorry, but I'll stand with my decision of not adding this one. I know this wasn't intended as a joke monster, but I still think the sprites look too silly to be useful, unlike the Anubis which is based on a mythical creature and could easily fit into egyptian maps.
I'm not against the idea of a soldier turned beast, I'm sure it could look awesome, but it would require more effort than just slapping a dog's head into a commando.