Summon: PlasmaSSG
Ammo Type: Cell
Altfire: Yes
Powered Mode: No
Brightmaps: Yes
Actor modification: No
ACS: No

Description:
This plasma weapon has 2 firemodes, use Altfire to switch between them.
The 1st mode shoots blasts of plasma projectiles at a low fire rate, like a shotgun.
The 2nd mode sprays projectiles at a high fire rate, like a submachine gun.
Both firemodes are very inaccurate beyond close range.

Credits
Code: DeVloek
GLDefs: DeVloek
Sounds: Kreastricon62, TannerSound, DeVloek
Sprites: SoniK.O.Fan, GeminiTH
Sprite Edit: DeVloek
Idea Base: Plasma Shotgun

Sprite preview

Download link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JNRV8AWkMCiou2ksdzvADgeRdsY9ikf5/view?usp=drive_link

The other day I downloaded a bunch of plasma weapons from the repository and the Plasma Shotgun caught my interest. I was looking for something like that to include in one of my projects but tbh the weapon turned out to be quite underwhelming for several reasons. So I decided to make my own plasma shotgun.
Looking for some fitting sprites I came across SoniK.O.Fan's work. I took one of his original weapon designs and changed the sprites to a bunch of different colors, this gave me the idea to give the weapon a 2nd fire mode. So now the weapon functions both as a shotgun and a submachine gun. For the shotgun mode I tried to balance the damage around the original SSG, should be pretty much on par with it, albeit at a slightly higher fire rate. The "uzi" mode does less DPS than the original Plasma Rifle since I didn't want to make it too powerful, but the amount of projectiles is good for painlocking monsters.

edit: I'm not too convinced of the name "Plasma SSG" anymore since I added the smg firemode. Maybe one of you guys has an idea for a more fitting name? The only thing I could think of that isn't already taken is Plasma Blaster but that sounds a little bit boring tbh ^^
Last edit: 8 months 4 days ago by DeVloek.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gothic
More
8 months 2 days ago #2 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [SUBMISSION] Plasma SSG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.