Summon: DoomsdayCultist
Melee: no
Distance: Hitscan
Type: Human, Undead
Brightmaps: yes
Actor modification: no
ACS: no

Description:
He, for one, welcomes his new demon overlords. They thanked him by turning him into a zombie.
Armed with only a semi-automatic pistol he doesn't pose much of a threat, but the fanaticism
of his former self makes him slightly faster and much more aggressive than the usual zombie.

Credits
Code: DeVloek
GLDefs: DeVloek
Sounds: id Software
Sprites: id Software, JoeyTD, TheUndeadSoldier, HorrorMovieRei
Sprite Edit: DeVloek
Idea Base: What would people do if a demon invasion actually happened?
Some would fight, some would run. And some would turn against their
fellow human beings and happily join the ranks of the demon army.

Sprite preview

Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LP8F-bnW8ljIgx_nO7eUmDUgsh_btFsM/view?usp=sharing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gothic
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #2 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [SUBMISSION] Doomsday Cultist
I like the concept, but I'm not sure how useful could be counting the shots when it reloads when you're out of sight, and it's not like it needs a strategy when dealing with it. Also I'm not a fan of flushing the console with unimportant messages, and this problem gets worse when dealing with groups of them, and when they start infighting.

Honestly, I think the counter should go, but if you still want to keep it, I suggest using Hudmessageonactor, so it's not that intrusive, and it looks cool (as seen in Winter's Fury):

ACS:
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Hudmessageonactor
Zscript:
https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?p=1033140

• DeVloek
  • DeVloek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #3 by DeVloek
Replied by DeVloek on topic [SUBMISSION] Doomsday Cultist
Oops my bad, the counter was just a debug message that I forgot to remove. Got rid of it and updated the file in the op.

Not sure what you mean by "how useful could be counting the shots when it reloads when you're out of sight" though.
It "reloads" (as in resets the shots available for the next volley) when it's out of sight because there is no point in continuing firing when there is no target. I guess I could remove the sight check so it only reloads when all 10 shots have been fired. But I thought it would be cooler to have it reload when it loses LoS so it has a full mag once the target comes back into sight.

• Gothic
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #4 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [SUBMISSION] Doomsday Cultist
Sorry, I though the counter was there so the player gets a chance to attack while it is reloading, but since its a Zombieman tier enemy, it wouldn't have much use.
Anyway, added