[SUBMISSION] Blood Maykr

• Ak47fu2
  • Ak47fu2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #11 by Ak47fu2
Replied by Ak47fu2 on topic [SUBMISSION] Blood Maykr
Here he his without the deflect but with the other fixes. In the right thread this time lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gothic
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #12 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [SUBMISSION] Blood Maykr
It's getting a little closer to the real thing, but still slow and not very intimidating.
There is the CHF_FASTCHASE flag in A_Chase that allows for more agility. Try using it.
You should also try to recreate the Big Cross and Spear attacks, and make the fireball attack spread like it does in game.

• Ak47fu2
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #13 by Ak47fu2
A will try using it. I can try and make a damage only version of the Crucifiction attack. I can not make the spear throwing attack since I do not have sprites for him throwing the spears or projectile sprites for the spear. How do I make the fireball spread? Also how is the whiplash update?

• Gothic
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #14 by Gothic
I will get to you other submissions eventually. Please don't ask me to check on them on other threads.

• Ak47fu2
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #15 by Ak47fu2
Okay. I am almost done with the crucifiction attack.

• Ak47fu2
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #16 by Ak47fu2
Here he is with fastchase and crucificition attack. Since I was not able to replicate the spear throwing attack I decided to give him a long ranged "heavy crucifiction" attack aswell.

Here are the updated credits:

Credits:
Code: Ak47fu2, Devloek, Werlyñakadera (Ak47fu2 made DECORATE, Devloek helped with some DECORATE, and Werlyñakadera made SNDINFO)
Sounds: Id Software, Bethesda, and Evil Banana 202 (ripped sounds and put them in a yt video).
Sprites: Mryayayify, Id Software, and Bethesda. Yellow staff projectile was a sprite by Id Software edited by Ak47fu2. Crucifiction attack's projectile was made by Ak47fu2.
Idea Base: Doom Eternal Blood Maykr

• Gothic
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #17 by Gothic
Nice job. The projectile sprites still need more work, but the idea is clear. Here are a couple of suggestions:
  • The sprites for the crucifixion attack should stay at the same height as the other sprites.
  • Give it the +MISSILEMORE flag so it becomes a little more aggressive.
  • For its attack sequence, try this:
    Code:
    Missile: TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfCloser(768,"Crucifixion",true) FireballChain: BLMR B 10 A_Facetarget BLMR CCCCCC 3 A_SpawnProjectile("BloodMaykrFireball",32,0,random(-2,2),CMF_OFFSETPITCH,random(-2,2)) BLMR B 8 Goto See Crucifixion: TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfHealthLower(200,"HeavyCrucifixion") BLMR JKL 6 A_Facetarget BLMR L 6 A_SpawnProjectile("BloodMaykrCrossAttack",32) BLMR L 8 A_Facetarget TNT1 A 0 A_SpawnProjectile("BloodMaykrCrossAttack",32,-3,-10) BLMR L 6 A_SpawnProjectile("BloodMaykrCrossAttack",32,3,10) BLMR KJ 6 BLMR J 2 A_Jump(180,"FireballChain") Goto See HeavyCrucifixion: BLMR JKL 6 A_Facetarget BLMR L 6 A_SpawnProjectile("BloodMaykrCrossAttackHeavy",32,0,-4) BLMR L 6 A_SpawnProjectile("BloodMaykrCrossAttackHeavy",32,0,0,CMF_OFFSETPITCH,4) BLMR L 6 A_SpawnProjectile("BloodMaykrCrossAttackHeavy",32,0,0,CMF_OFFSETPITCH,-4) BLMR L 6 A_SpawnProjectile("BloodMaykrCrossAttackHeavy",32,0,4) BLMR KJ 6 BLMR J 2 A_Jump(180,"FireballChain") Goto See
    This way it uses the Crucifixion attack when it's close enough with a chance of using the fireball attack immediately after, and it uses the Heavy Crucifixion attack when its health is low.
  • Speaking of Heavy Crucifixion, you made it because you couldn't replicate the spear attack. I tried to recreate it in a very basic form:
    Code:
    Actor BloodMaykrSpear { Projectile Radius 8 Height 8 Damage 4 Speed 40 Renderstyle Add +FORCERADIUSDMG SeeSound "weapons/plasmaf" DeathSound "weapons/plasmax" States { Spawn: PLSS A 1 Bright Loop Death: PLSE ABCDEABCDEABCDEABCDE 3 Bright { A_Explode(2,200,XF_NOSPLASH|XF_THRUSTLESS); A_SpawnItemEx("BMSpearSpark",random(-60,0),random(-60,0),random(-60,60)); A_SpawnItemEx("BMSpearSpark",random(0,60),random(0,60),random(-60,60)); } Stop } } Actor BMSpearSpark { +NOINTERACTION Scale 0.5 States { Spawn: PLSE ABCDE 4 Bright Stop } }
    Code:
    for the Blood Maykr Missile: TNT1 A 0 A_Jump(150,"SpearAttack") TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfCloser(768,"Crucifixion",true) FireballChain: ...etc SpearAttack: BLMR BBBBBBB 2 A_Facetarget BLMR C 8 A_SpawnProjectile("BloodMaykrSpear",32) BLMR BBBBBBB 2 A_Facetarget BLMR C 8 A_SpawnProjectile("BloodMaykrSpear",32) BLMR BBBBBBB 2 A_Facetarget BLMR C 8 A_SpawnProjectile("BloodMaykrSpear",32) BLMR B 8 BLMR B 2 A_Jump(180,"FireballChain") Goto See
    It uses plasma sprites and sounds as placeholders. If you end using it, you should give it custom sprites, and get rid of the Heavy Crucifixion attack.
  • You should use sounds from Doom Eternal for the projectiles. The fireball and crux attack sound too quiet and not at all how they sound in game.

• Ak47fu2
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #18 by Ak47fu2
Thanks. I will switch the height on the crucificxion attacks and give it +MISSILEMORE. I will switch in your attack sequence. The reason I didn't make the spear attack was not because of code but because I have no sprites of the blood maykr throwing his spear. As for the sounds the fireball sounds were from eternal and I just used them for the crucifixition aswell. I will go get the proper sounds for the crucifixition attack.

• Ak47fu2
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #19 by Ak47fu2
Here he is with those changes. Here are the updated credits aswell:

Credits:
Code: Ak47fu2, Devloek, Werlyñakadera, Gothic (Ak47fu2 made DECORATE, Devloek and Gothic helped with some code, and Werlyñakadera made SNDINFO)
Sounds: Id Software, Bethesda, and Evil Banana 202 (ripped sounds and put them in a yt video).
Sprites: Mryayayify, Id Software, and Bethesda. Yellow staff projectile was a sprite by Id Software edited by Ak47fu2. Crucifiction attack's projectile was made by Ak47fu2.
Idea Base: Doom Eternal Blood Maykr

• Gothic
More
2 months 1 week ago #20 by Gothic
Closing this for now. You can resubmit it when you can make it resemble more the enemy it's based on.