[SUBMISSION] Skinwalker

• Ak47fu2
  • Ak47fu2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
5 months 1 week ago #11 by Ak47fu2
Replied by Ak47fu2 on topic [SUBMISSION] Skinwalker
Hmm. Not sure if I can do the ones the player is holding (plus what if the player is holding a custom weapon) but I did randomly have the idea yesterday to make it switch to a chainsaw in closer and maybe if far enough away a sniper or other rifle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kan3
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
5 months 1 week ago #12 by Kan3
Replied by Kan3 on topic [SUBMISSION] Skinwalker

Hmm. Not sure if I can do the ones the player is holding (plus what if the player is holding a custom weapon) but I did randomly have the idea yesterday to make it switch to a chainsaw in closer and maybe if far enough away a sniper or other rifle.

You could just make the monster "use" the generic weapons archetypes that are usually shared between other similar games (like Heretic etc.) and mods. By this I mean that you could just get the slot of the weapon the player has in its hands and make the monster attack accordingly, knowing that slot 0 - 1 for melee weapons, 2 for a weak and slow ranged, 3 for a shotgun - like, 4 for a high fire rate, 5 for explosives, 6 for versatile strong and 7 for the most powerful.

Because even if you give him the ability to switch weapon just accordingly to the distance, it feels more like a smarter zombie than some unique human mimic creature

• Ak47fu2
  • Ak47fu2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
5 months 1 week ago #13 by Ak47fu2
Replied by Ak47fu2 on topic [SUBMISSION] Skinwalker
Hmm. I have no clue how to do that in decorate lol. What if he has some attacks based on distance and then some attack where he summons in some weak minions (that maybe use the sprite of the d16 unwilling that I found). Either way he would need more health.

• Gothic
More
2 months 1 week ago #14 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [SUBMISSION] Skinwalker
I don't think we can add this. Closing.