[SUBMISSION] Super Riot Shotgun

• DeVloek
  • DeVloek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #1 by DeVloek
[SUBMISSION] Super Riot Shotgun was created by DeVloek
As promised, here is the Super Riot Shotgun from one of my WIP projects that will likely never be finished at this rate of progress... :roll:
I originally intended this weapon to be given to the player during the "endgame" phase, long after they got the SSG and most other weapons.
For this submission I toned down the damage of individual pellets to bring it more in line with vanilla weapons. It is still a quick killer but it drains your ammo quickly too so I think that balances it out. I gave it a classification of 3-4 since it's a bit more powerful than regular class 3 weapons and the increased rate of fire makes it a decent pain distributor.
Shoutout to Resident for their Riot Shotgun submission which gave me the incentive to submit this one. Because you can never have enough shotguns! :evil:

Info
Name: Super Riot Shotgun
Class: 3-4
Type: Hitscan
Palette: Doom
Summon: SRSG
Ammo Type: Shell
Altfire: No
Powered Mode: No
Brightmaps: Yes
Actor modification: No
ACS: No

Description:
A drum-fed, double-barreled riot shotgun, useful for crowd control.
Consumes 2 shells per shot, has twice the fire rate of the SSG but pellets deal less damage.

Credits
Code: DeVloek
GLDefs: DeVloek
Sounds: id Software, DeVloek
Sprites: Carbine Dioxide, Mr.Enchanter
Sprite Edit: DeVloek
Idea Base: you can never have enough shotguns!

Sprite Preview

Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n_wKU_UGvuPGsXMAnh95VNTrORPIyy_n/view?usp=sharing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gothic
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #2 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [SUBMISSION] Super Riot Shotgun
Even taken in count the faster fire rate, I still think it should be beefed up a little. Try rising the damage to 4, but reducing the number of bullets to 9 per shot, and rising the z spread to 7, so it's less effective at larger distances.

• DeVloek
  • DeVloek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #3 by DeVloek
Replied by DeVloek on topic [SUBMISSION] Super Riot Shotgun

Try rising the damage to 4, but reducing the number of bullets to 9 per shot, and rising the z spread to 7

Done. Those values are a little bit closer to those I originally intended anyway so it's fine by me :)

• Gothic
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #4 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [SUBMISSION] Super Riot Shotgun