[SUBMISSION] Nitromite

• DeVloek
  • DeVloek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 4 days ago #1 by DeVloek
[SUBMISSION] Nitromite was created by DeVloek
Here is the "jumping spider" I was talking about the other day.
I had this idea for a long while (I love spiders, they are among my favorite animals), but when I looked around for fitting sprites I never could find anything that I liked so when I started working on the code a few weeks ago I used some placeholder sprites (the good old imp trite). After the jumping behavior was mostly done I looked once more for better sprites and I finally saw the Mite sprites made by Amuscaria. That was a perfect fit, and of course it inspired the final name of the Nitromite. Had to rewrite some of the code to make it fit the animations that were now available but I think it turned out great. Well, I let you be the judge :)

Info
Name: Nitromite
Difficulty: easy
Connections: none
Summon: Nitromite
Melee: Explosion
Distance: no
Type: Demon, Explosive
Brightmaps: yes
Actor modification: no
ACS: no

Description:
This evil critter is a cross between a jumping spider and a landmine.
By some demonic machinations, the Nitromite is full of nitroglycerin and ready to detonate any moment.
It can easily traverse any terrain by jumping over ledges and moving on ceilings.
Once close enough to the target, it will sacrifice itself and explode.
If killed before detonating itself, the volatile nitro in its body will explode after a short delay.

Credits
Code: DeVloek
GLDefs: DeVloek
Sounds: Raven Software, 3D Realms, DeVloek
Sprites: Amuscaria, id Software
Sprite Edit: DeVloek
Idea Base: Jumping spiders, Mite from Hellforged 2

Preview

Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uEn5RXt4HKUpk4t4agDSEAj00MC4TGX8/view?usp=sharing

PS. I don't know exactly how the original Mite works in Hellforged 2 where it is from, never played it. But I read that it is spawned by a bigger monster, which is something I'd like to do as well, maybe a boss kinda like the Mother Spider from Blood. The Defiler that spawns the Mites in HF2 doesn't really fit the theme though, so I'm looking for some other sprites, any ideas are welcome.
Last edit: 3 months 4 days ago by DeVloek. Reason: updated credits

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gothic
More
3 months 5 days ago #2 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [SUBMISSION] Nitromite
Amuscaria stated that the assets from Hell Forged ep2 are not for public use until the release of v2.00

• DeVloek
  • DeVloek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
3 months 4 days ago - 3 months 4 days ago #3 by DeVloek
Replied by DeVloek on topic [SUBMISSION] Nitromite
That's what I thought at first too, but I found conflicting posts on Zdoom forums and Doomworld, so I reached out to Amuscaria directly and they told me it's fine, the posts that say it's not allowed to use the assets until an official release are outdated. All HF2 resources are free for everyone to use. If you want I can post proof of our conversation.

edit: I just noticed that I forgot to credit id Software for the explosion sprites that I used (they are copies with different offsets). I guess I should also mention the mite from HF2 as an idea base in the credits. Updated the file accordingly.
Last edit: 3 months 4 days ago by DeVloek.

• Gothic
More
3 months 4 days ago #4 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [SUBMISSION] Nitromite
You're right, sorry, I was looking at the ZDoom forums thread and I didn't notice the resource pack was released at Doomworld.
Added