[Update] Insane Plasma Array

• Salahmander
  • Salahmander's Avatar Topic Author
  • Lost Soul
  • Lost Soul
More
3 months 1 week ago #1 by Salahmander
[Update] Insane Plasma Array was created by Salahmander
Hiya, very minor update, all this does is renames the brightmaps to having BM at the start, simply so should Slade find resources with the same name, this one will avoid that issue.

Nothing else has been touched otherwise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ozymandias81
  • Pain Elemental
  • Pain Elemental
More
3 months 6 days ago #2 by ozymandias81
Replied by ozymandias81 on topic [Update] Insane Plasma Array
Nice little update, but wouldn't make it more sense to get through everything about this weapon? Obviously it has a lot still that can be polished here and there and I am sure you know it.

What I usually do is: put filename extension for ALL lumps when I create a pk3 file; crush all graphics (PNGout or PNGcrush via Slade) and possibly convert all sounds to OGG format; avoid usage of GLDEFS for brightmaps, favor instead modern materials/brightmaps/auto folder tree and name said graphics accordingly to target frames (use then GLDEFS if there are some doubles); trim whitespaces at end of lines, this can be done easily via Notepad++; adjust code indentation and put UDBuilder category (in this case I would use Realm667 Weapons); find and replace deprecated flags/functions with new ones (unless it is strictly necessary to have submissions here compatible with Zandronum or old sourceports, this I am not exactly aware); ZScript conversion

• Gothic
More
3 months 5 days ago #3 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic [Update] Insane Plasma Array