A question

• mlg_noscoper
  • mlg_noscoper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Imp
  • Imp
More
6 years 9 months ago #1 by mlg_noscoper
A question was created by mlg_noscoper
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it's the closest thing i could find.
Why are the Pulse Rfile and Smart Gun sounds inverted?
Also, please ignore my name, i made this account a while ago, and i don't think i can change my name.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MagicWazard
More
6 years 9 months ago #2 by MagicWazard
Replied by MagicWazard on topic A question
When you say "inverted", do you mean that the Pulse Rifle's sound should go with the Smart Gun, and vice versa? If so, couldn't say--probably an oversight, as both appear to be very old submissions.

What would you like your name changed to? I think I can change it pretty easily.

• mlg_noscoper
  • Imp
  • Imp
More
6 years 9 months ago #3 by mlg_noscoper
Replied by mlg_noscoper on topic A question
Yeah, that's what i meant, i would also like to have my name changd to dickweed.

• skelepound
  • Demon
  • Demon
More
6 years 9 months ago #4 by skelepound
Replied by skelepound on topic A question
That is an EXCELLENT new name choice. Though mlg_noscoper gives ya nostalgia.

• MagicWazard
More
6 years 9 months ago #5 by MagicWazard

mlg_noscoper wrote: Yeah, that's what i meant, i would also like to have my name changd to dickweed.

I'm not sure I'm in favor of that particular name change...got something a bit more family-friendly in mind as a backup plan?

• skelepound
  • Demon
  • Demon
More
6 years 9 months ago #6 by skelepound
MagicWazard: Why is your name Wazard? Just curious.

mlg_noscoper: call yourself D-weed. Then, its a bit more family-friendly. Oh, btw, another question - Doom is not really a kids game(though i played it when i was 10 or 11), and I don't think we get alot of kids around here. I automatically censor my swearing, but I wonder why we bother at all.

In fact, swear words are an illogical construct of modern society, in that two exactly synonymous words can be treated very differently, i.e. s**t and crap. Crap, you can get away with it, its on kids TV and crap, its somewhat acceptable according to society. So why is s**t considered unacceptable? They have the same definition in every concept, that same amount of letters, even, but one is considered not "family-friendly", whereas the other is considered OK. Just thought I would put that out there.

• MagicWazard
More
6 years 9 months ago #7 by MagicWazard

skelepound wrote: MagicWazard: Why is your name Wazard? Just curious.

I had some strange cohorts back in high school.
Warning: Spoiler!

As for swearing? I dunno; people are just weird and arbitrary sometimes, so it's easier to avoid the subject than to run headlong into it. Even around here, on a forum dedicated to an M-rated game full of edgy, mature content, people can be strangely puritanical sometimes about the most unexpected things, including but not limited to things like profanity and (God forbid!) breasts.

• mlg_noscoper
  • Imp
  • Imp
More
6 years 9 months ago #8 by mlg_noscoper
Replied by mlg_noscoper on topic A question
I guess dweed would work.

• skelepound
  • Demon
  • Demon
More
6 years 9 months ago #9 by skelepound
indeed - quite funny how modern society view murder, blood and guts, and general violence more acceptable than the objectively beautiful female body. Disembowel a demon, no one bats an eye. Have the player visit a strip club, and every censor picks up a berserk pack. Anyhow, thank you for answering my questions.

• MagicWazard
More
6 years 9 months ago #10 by MagicWazard

mlg_noscoper wrote: I guess dweed would work.

Got any other alternatives? I don't see anything potentially objectionable there, but it's not a super-exciting handle, either. I am honestly considering just letting you have "dickweed" at this point if nobody else objects, though. I can tell from your registration info that it's not an abbreviation for "Richard", but it's mild enough I may turn a blind eye if everyone else does too. :P

Oh, and is anybody familiar with the Aliens TG project interested in looking into an update? Even if we have an issue "confirmed", we still go through the regular update process so we have a paper trail and accountability, instead of just surreptitiously replacing the files on the headend.