Cybermage textures

• Dynamo
  • Dynamo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Imp
  • Imp
More
4 years 10 months ago #1 by Dynamo
Cybermage textures was created by Dynamo
Hi! Some time ago, ozymandias81 compiled and uploaded this excellent texture pack (https://realm667.com/index.php/en/forum-board/closed-submissions/536-submission-cybermage-textures), but unfortunately after sitting in limbo for several years, it was rejected with the reason given that many of the textures do not fit the standard doom size conventions. Well, the point is that UDMF allows scaling for textures, and I have actually used these textures in mapping projects before to great effect, (here is a few examples 1 2 3 , I had made more maps but sadly lost them in a format). Considering the website hosts texture packs such as Max Payne or Redneck Rampage which prove significantly more difficult to use in a mapping project, both thematically and in terms of the size of the textures (but can be still made to work), I think rejecting this pack was a mistake and I think it would be a great addition to the already available texture packs on the website considering how well these textures work within Doom and related games' textures. I would highly recommend reconsidering the decision and reapproving the pack, it is already configured properly for uploading, too.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ozymandias81
  • Pain Elemental
  • Pain Elemental
More
4 years 10 months ago #2 by ozymandias81
Replied by ozymandias81 on topic Cybermage textures
I second this since working on that pack extracted by Dynamo was fun, and certainly lots of textures may work in a Doomy ambience or futuristic-like mods in general

• Tormentor667
  • Founder
  • Founder
More
4 years 8 months ago #3 by Tormentor667
Replied by Tormentor667 on topic Cybermage textures
Well, to a certain point I agree with that but still I share the point why this has been rejected before. What about creating a new submission that already scales the textures to regular Doom sizes through a lump?

• ozymandias81
  • Pain Elemental
  • Pain Elemental
More
4 years 7 months ago #4 by ozymandias81
Replied by ozymandias81 on topic Cybermage textures
I will try and see if I can do this during my spare time then, unless Dynamo plans to open a new thread for these said textures

• Dynamo
  • Dynamo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Imp
  • Imp
More
4 years 7 months ago #5 by Dynamo
Replied by Dynamo on topic Cybermage textures
As I currently have no internet at home, I would appreciate if you could do this, Ozymandias :) Though it should be noted that said textures are currently even being used by Boom projects such as Lost Civilization, the texture pack is useful no matter if the lump is present or not.