header general

Weak weapons

• BFG Major Mike
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
10 months 4 weeks ago #11 by BFG Major Mike
Replied by BFG Major Mike on topic Weak weapons
Well, I don't want pistols, I feel like this might've been read as wrong, a PISTOL should not be one shotting cyberdemons, however, if something is intended to be a Big fucking Gun, then it should be a Big Fucking Gun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OKgo5555
  • Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #12 by OKgo5555
Replied by OKgo5555 on topic Weak weapons
Like they are saying, you can d/l anything from here and change the projectile or weapon damage to a gazillion in slade. One shot Cybers like clockwork, bro.

• Gunslahyer_Pi
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #13 by Gunslahyer_Pi
Replied by Gunslahyer_Pi on topic Weak weapons

Gothic wrote: Balancing is required when your weapon uses vanilla ammunition instead of custom made, because if your pistol can instakill a Cyberdemon with a single bullet shot, why would I need the regular pistol and chaingun?
You could get more wild with new types of ammo, but that doesn't mean you should go bathshit insane, like firing 2 nukes and a bunch of pyrocannon shots in one go, that stuff would be ok on Zandronum multiplayer mods but not here.

Agreed, most of this is what I already said, however, I agree with the new ammo. Having a new ammo type really changes the dynamic. Also, modders could use the flag;

+weapon.cheatnotweapon

This is fantastic flag to ensure you can't spam IDFA or IDKFA over and over again for a refill on a potentially Super Powered weapon. This balances it out by 75% anyway. Might be worth a look. Custom ammo, weapon limitation flags work really well. However, if you're doing it for yourself and not for a fan made addition then go nuts.

Doom your way.
Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Gunslahyer_Pi. Reason: Because I said so.

• BFG Major Mike
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #14 by BFG Major Mike
Replied by BFG Major Mike on topic Weak weapons
Also when I mean OP weapons, I don't just mean weapons that do a shit ton of damage, I mean like weapons with functions that are OP

• OKgo5555
  • Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #15 by OKgo5555
Gamefeel is an art not a science and is thus slightly subjective. Its not as easy as, "make the guns feel more powerful." Like u pointed out, just upping the damage can go a long ways towards making a weapon feel WEAK.

The stuff here is more like a resource for someone to start making something that feels good for them (and others) in-game.

• CaptainToenail
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #16 by CaptainToenail
Replied by CaptainToenail on topic Weak weapons
After playing the Rise of the Triad rerelease recently, I'd love to see someone tackle a Doom style version of the Firebomb from that game. It's a very powerful weapon, but not totally OP.

• OKgo5555
  • Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #17 by OKgo5555
I have one. It does a circle pattern instead of a cross. I'll get it up soon-ish.

• OKgo5555
  • Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #18 by OKgo5555
There is also a near 1:1 facsimile of all the ROTT weapons in Return of the Triad for GZDooM.