• DeVloek
  • DeVloek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
2 weeks 3 days ago - 2 weeks 3 days ago #1 by DeVloek
new website feedback was created by DeVloek
Some things I noticed with the new website ui:
  • I see an Administration tab on the top bar, not sure if that's supposed to be there for regular users
  • Repository lists are no longer sortable by name, downloads and date
  • Forum post editor has no preview
  • Quote blocks are unreadable (grey font on grey background)
  • Code blocks in old posts lost all indentations 
  • Code blocks in new posts seem to keep indentations but the line wrap makes the code hard to read (it should have a scrollbar). Test code  block below
    Code:
        Override int DamageMobj (Actor inflictor, Actor source, int damage, Name mod, int flags, double angle)      {         if (inflictor && inflictor.GetClassName() == "Projectile" && target)         {             //console.printf ("target %s",target.GetClassName());             A_DamageSelf(-10);             if (target.bISMONSTER)             {                 target.DamageMobj (inflictor, source, random(2,4), "DrainLife", DMG_THRUSTLESS);             }                 }         return Super.DamageMobj(inflictor, source, damage, mod, flags, angle);     }
  • The old darker color scheme looked much better imo ;)
  • Cacosmileys are missing :(
  • I posted a wink smiley and a sad smiley but it shows a sweaty smiley and a crying laughing smiley instead?
  • Shoutbox seems to be missing
  • Recent Topics should show at least 2 topics (this one and the M79 Pirate Pistol submission) but it only says "There are no topics to display."
Last edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by DeVloek.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gothic
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #2 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic new website feedback
One thing I really like about the new design: no more smooth animations for the top bar, categories appear and disappear instantly. Please don't change this.

• DeVloek
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
2 weeks 2 days ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #3 by DeVloek
Replied by DeVloek on topic new website feedback
I agree that's a great change, I sometimes struggled with the old dropdown menu's clunkiness 😅

A few more observations:
  • I didn't receive an e-mail notification for the post above although I subscribed to this thread when I created it
  • The "Board" tab on the top bar does no longer have a dropdown list that links to recent topics etc.
  • I see there's a "private message" tab in the message editor, is that an actual DM function? I don't see a way to specify a recipient there
  • Copy-pasting standard emojis from other websites works 🤓🥳 (I'd still love to have the cacos back if possible)
edit: The "Welcome" splash screen appeared again right after posting this.

Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by DeVloek.

• inkoalawetrust
More
2 weeks 17 hours ago #4 by inkoalawetrust
Replied by inkoalawetrust on topic new website feedback
It seems that it's not possible to change our profile picture in the settings anymore with the new redesign. Also IMO, the forum space is too squashed, it looks like it's supposed to be a mobile UI, it should take more of the screen up. Also hey, I can finally fuckin' log in without the site repeatedly marking my IP as spam!

• DeVloek
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
2 weeks 16 hours ago #5 by DeVloek
I received an E-mail notification for the message above, so that's working now👍

I agree the forum space should use more of the available screen space, also the font is quite big and could be a bit smaller.

• Tormentor667
  • Founder
  • Founder
More
2 weeks 1 hour ago - 2 weeks 1 hour ago #6 by Tormentor667
Replied by Tormentor667 on topic new website feedback
Thanks to all of you for your feedback, I will work on your suggestions from time to time, so keep'em coming ;-)
Last edit: 2 weeks 1 hour ago by Tormentor667.

• inkoalawetrust
More
1 week 4 days ago #7 by inkoalawetrust
Replied by inkoalawetrust on topic new website feedback
Okay, avatars are now support, but the settings have no indication of what the maximum file size is, and also, my avatar looks really grainy and scuffed for some reason, even though it looks fine. Also, I don't think I can find a post preview anywhere for posts I make.

• DeVloek
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #8 by DeVloek
E-mail notifications are very inconsistent. Most posts (including the one above) over the past few days in threads that I subscribed to did not trigger a notificiation. In fact it was only one post so far that did.

Maybe I only get the e-mail when someone directly replies to my posts via "quick reply"?

As for the missing post preview, I think the editing window itself is supposed to be the preview since basic text formatting and embedded images are directly applied. But other things like spoilers, code and attachments aren't, so the editor is less useful than it could be.

Speaking of spoiler, 
Warning: Spoiler!

edit: gray text on bright yellow background makes spoilers unreadable
Last edit: 1 week 4 days ago by DeVloek. Reason: tested spoiler

• DeVloek
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
1 week 4 days ago #9 by DeVloek
2 more things I forgot to mention:
  1.  Some parts of the forum, eg. the "last post" column on the board index have the wrong formatting, they should be left-aligned but they seem to be middle-aligned and stretched to fit the column width, so a lot of whitespace appears between words and it just looks bad. This also seems to happen within some  lines in forum posts.
  2. Caco smileys aren't working correctly yet. The forum auto converts certain numbers to cacos. Testing: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 
    Thanks for bringing them back though :)

• Gothic
More
1 week 2 days ago #10 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic new website feedback

Links on the entry lists now are instant downloads, instead of linking to the article of the entry. I wish this could be reverted, I always link to the article when I approve a submission.