header general

1st page of category loads contents of 2nd page

• MagicWazard
  • MagicWazard's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #1 by MagicWazard
Hey guys,

I just noticed something odd about browsing categories with multiple pages of topics. If I go to a forum category with more than one page of topics (for example, The Workshop), and I go to the 2nd page, then I am unable to go back to the 1st page--if I click "1", then the page just refreshes, even though the URL of the page updates as expected. Same thing if I hit F5/manually refresh the page--it remains on the 2nd page. Even if I leave the forum category--or the website altogether--and come back, I will still be taken directly to the 2nd page of topics if I choose that category again. Same thing if I open a new tab and try to view the category. Only way to reset the behavior is to close my browser altogether and open up a new instance of it.

Anybody else having this issue? I'm using Firefox. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the site programming, strictly speaking, or Firefox just being silly and caching page contents incorrectly.

Also, any chance we can get longer subject lines for topics? The length of the subject line that's allowed is less than half the length of the actual text box, and winds up being too short to summarize certain types of issues (for me, at least).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tormentor667
  • Founder
  • Founder
More
9 years 4 months ago #2 by Tormentor667
Replied by Tormentor667 on topic 1st page of category loads contents of 2nd page
I just tried that and it happens for me as well, I can reproduce it on the page discussions forum as well, though I have no idea what's happening here. I need someone who is more used to PHP programming. *call-for-help* :(

• Gez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 4 months ago #3 by Gez
Not sure what causes this, but here's a link that should get you back to the first page:

http://realm667.com/index.php/en/kunena/the-workshop?start=0

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 4 months ago #4 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic 1st page of category loads contents of 2nd page
It seems to be a Firefox thing. It works fine when I tried it with Internet Explorer.

• ozymandias81
  • Pain Elemental
  • Pain Elemental
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #5 by ozymandias81
Replied by ozymandias81 on topic 1st page of category loads contents of 2nd page
I've had also the same problem... and I have Chrome. BTW I think somebody have miss'd a number at the end of the URL: if I try to write http://realm667.com/index.php/en/kunena/the-workshop?start=10 everything works fine. Maybe some problems on updating pages/extensions/versions? I'm not so good in PhP, on the contrary I quite don't know anything of it... but this seems to fix it.

Also here you are the source code:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by ozymandias81.

• MagicWazard
More
9 years 3 months ago #6 by MagicWazard
Replied by MagicWazard on topic 1st page of category loads contents of 2nd page

ozymandias81 wrote: I've had also the same problem... and I have Chrome. BTW I think somebody have miss'd a number at the end of the URL: if I try to write http://realm667.com/index.php/en/kunena/the-workshop?start=10 everything works fine. Maybe some problems on updating pages/extensions/versions? I'm not so good in PhP, on the contrary I quite don't know anything of it... but this seems to fix it.

Also here you are the source code:

Warning: Spoiler!

So did anybody confirm if this is in fact the cause of the problem? The issue still occurs, so I would be inclined to believe that a fix attempt hasn't been made yet.

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #7 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic 1st page of category loads contents of 2nd page
Has anyone tried this recently? It's working as expected on my end, now.

Currently running Firefox 37.0.1.

• MagicWazard
More
9 years 2 months ago #8 by MagicWazard
Replied by MagicWazard on topic 1st page of category loads contents of 2nd page

Blue Shadow wrote: Has anyone tried this recently? It's working as expected on my end, now.

Seems fine now as of the last time I tried it (just tonight); I'm using the same version of FireFox.

• ozymandias81
  • Pain Elemental
  • Pain Elemental
More
9 years 2 months ago #9 by ozymandias81
Replied by ozymandias81 on topic 1st page of category loads contents of 2nd page

Blue Shadow wrote: Has anyone tried this recently? It's working as expected on my end, now.

Yeah, yeah, it works even for my Android 2.2.1 smartphone and my most recent Chrome browser for my PC.