header general

can't get 100% items on maps with Mutant Sphere

• Impie
  • Impie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
8 years 5 months ago #1 by Impie
A Strange Aeons tester is helping me figure out why certain maps won't allow 100% items on the status screen, and we think the cause might be the Mutant Sphere powerup featured on all the problematic maps. I can't figure out where in the decorate code this problem is coming from, so I thought I'd better ask for help here. If the sphere isn't responsible, then I'm not sure what's causing it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic can't get 100% items on maps with Mutant Sphere
Hm... This is a strange one. From the brief testing I did, It only seems to affect the end-of-level tally. The item count, if checked during the map, is absolutely fine.

I'm suspecting an engine bug, here.

• Impie
  • Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by Impie

Blue Shadow wrote: Hm... This is a strange one. From the brief testing I did, It only seems to affect the end-of-level tally. The item count, if checked during the map, is absolutely fine.

That's what's really blowing my mind about it. I think it's something I can't fix.

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic can't get 100% items on maps with Mutant Sphere
I'd reported the issue to the ZDoom developers, and it was fixed . The next development build should have the fix. So make sure to grab it when it's up (it'll probably be up by tomorrow) .

• Impie
  • Dark Imp
  • Dark Imp
More
8 years 5 months ago #5 by Impie
Ah thanks for that, man. I'll recommend everyone keep their zdoom/gzdoom up to date in my next update. If the bug is indeed gone, I'll mark this thread as resolved. Assuming I don't forget like an idiot.