Forums not updating for guests?

• doomedarchviledemon
  • doomedarchviledemon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
7 years 11 months ago #1 by doomedarchviledemon
Forums not updating for guests? was created by doomedarchviledemon
So I've been checking up on the forums here at work for the past couple of weeks and have noticed that the forums page doesn't seem to be updating to show the latest posts. For example, on the main forum page I can still see that I am the last person to post on the Worms thread, and MagicWazard, I think, was the last person to post on the Tear Gas Launcher thread. Then if I click on the Beastiary page it will have the Divine Shadow thread at the top of the page stating that it is currently the most recent thread to be active, though it will display that someone who commented on it a few days ago is the one who made the most recent post instead of the person who actually made the most recent post. It wouldn't even show that there were two pages on the Divine Shadow until I clicked on the actual thread, at which point it will then properly update and show the most recent activities in that thread.

Additionally, the Latest Posts box on the left of the page also displays posts from a few days ago, or a few weeks I can't remember, instead of the most recent activities. I am not sure if this is how it is for guests or maybe it's just me and my work computer, though I am not sure how that would make a difference, or something else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ozymandias81
  • Pain Elemental
  • Pain Elemental
More
7 years 11 months ago #2 by ozymandias81
Replied by ozymandias81 on topic Forums not updating for guests?
Yeah, sometimes even myself I get this problem.
JFYI devs I am on Chrome, updated.
Could be this something that depends to adBlockers? I use several of them: Avira Safety, uBlock & Ghostery.

• MagicWazard
More
7 years 11 months ago #3 by MagicWazard
Replied by MagicWazard on topic Forums not updating for guests?
Same here. I'll sometimes sneak a peek at work, and I'll see that the "Latest Posts" is outdated until I sign in.

I don't know if it's related, but I also periodically experience sign-in errors. It'll say that I'm entering information into a form from an outdated session, and to re-check my credentials. If I sign-in again, then I'll be signed-in properly. This occurs whether I sign in from the front page or the forum page.

• ozymandias81
  • Pain Elemental
  • Pain Elemental
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #4 by ozymandias81
Replied by ozymandias81 on topic Forums not updating for guests?
I've also noticed something as well since 2 months early: I have to write both Username & Password otherwise I can't access Realm667... and when the access is done, I get ALWAYS the following warning message... what's going on?

Screenshot
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by ozymandias81. Reason: wrong link

• Tormentor667
  • Founder
  • Founder
More
7 years 11 months ago #5 by Tormentor667
Replied by Tormentor667 on topic Forums not updating for guests?
Just want to mention that I didn't miss this (as well as the other problem with the reply function) but at the moment I have a lot of business work to sort out and BoA is drawing my attention regarding the webpage and the chapter 1 demo...

• BadMojo
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
7 years 9 months ago #6 by BadMojo
Replied by BadMojo on topic Forums not updating for guests?
Sorry to bump this but I just wanted to add that the shout box on Android doesn't work properly either, I'm pretty sure it's related to the webpage not updating on refresh.. This issue I'm having is I'm not able to type more than 3 words in the shout box... It's like it still continues to type but it won't display what I'm typing, just stays as white space.

As with ozymandias, I too am using ad block.. And am also logged in, so it's not just guests having this issue. I mostly get it on the phone, but have also had the webpage not update on refresh on the pc aswell (I don't think this will matter but: windows 10 x64, Firefox latest version (with adblock)... Android 6.1, Firefox (again, with ad block))