Light strobe effect collors

• InterdimensionalInterloper
  • InterdimensionalInterloper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wraith
  • Wraith
More
6 years 8 months ago #1 by InterdimensionalInterloper
Light strobe effect collors was created by InterdimensionalInterloper
The light effects on objects and torches somehow became a thing on the zandorioum client I am using. And I like it! But the body armors of my mod are pulsing with funny colors and I need to know what color code to use for the light strobe effect for a Grey, Orange, and white body armor. How do you guys get the collor codes for this kind of stuff? Is their a graph somewhere for the doom palate I can [strike]Taste[/strike] Look at?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MagicWazard
More
6 years 8 months ago #2 by MagicWazard
Replied by MagicWazard on topic Light strobe effect collors
You're familiar with GLDEFS , correct? And how light colors are defined using the system "color <RED> <GREEN> <BLUE>"? Each color value can go from 0.0 to 1.0. There isn't exactly a color chart for Doom that I know of, but if you Google "rgb color picker", a utility will appear that lets you select a color, and returns the RGB value. Note that this utility measures colors from 0 - 255 instead of 0.0 - 1.0, so you'll have to do a little math to get what the corresponding Doom value should be.

There is a lump called " X11R6RGB " which does contain a list of color names which correspond to RGB values, but you can't use these with GLDEFS. For one, the colors in the list are measured from 0 - 255 instead of the 0.0 - 1.0 values GLDEFS uses, so again, you can't use these values directly without doing a bit of math.

• InterdimensionalInterloper
  • InterdimensionalInterloper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wraith
  • Wraith
More
6 years 8 months ago #3 by InterdimensionalInterloper
Replied by InterdimensionalInterloper on topic Light strobe effect collors
Yea i have a huge GLDEFS cobbled together from various mods i have combined but never really understood what sort of code the digits were corresponding to. Think i get it now. Thanks/

• DBJ87
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
6 years 8 months ago #4 by DBJ87
Replied by DBJ87 on topic Light strobe effect collors
I've used this to help as a guideline, more for Railgun core & ring or blood colours than lights.
X11 colour names

Sadly, my math isn't fantastic, but another thing I've that has helped is using programs like "Paint" (Windows) or something similar that has the default palette for PCs laid out when picking colours.
Paint Palette (Easier for checking 0-256)

I hope this might help. :)