Question regarding Combo Implementations

• doomedarchviledemon
  • doomedarchviledemon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
9 years 7 months ago #1 by doomedarchviledemon
Question regarding Combo Implementations was created by doomedarchviledemon
So my question is whether or not it would be acceptable to create weapons that have a Combo System implemented into it. What I mean by a Combo System is that when a player inputs a given pattern and then presses the Fire Button a certain attack will occur, My inspiration comes from PillowBlaster's mod, Russian Overkill , which I really like for many different reasons. One of them being how he has his Combo System set up. I find myself using those moves more so than the guns because they are just so fun and I can do multiple different attacks without needing to wait and switch between weapons.

I have not even attempted to try to make a combo system yet and have only taken a look at some of the code in Russian Overkill to see what he, and others, did to implement this unique feature. From what I remember... it looks a little complicated, but man... I would absolutely love to make magic based weapon or something of the sort with a combo system. Of course that may come later on when I finish my current projects.

In short, would something like this be acceptable for submission? I didn't see anything really specific that targeted this in the Rules section so I thought I'd bring it up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 7 months ago #2 by Gez
Seems fine to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.