Telefrag from nothing?

• doomedarchviledemon
  • doomedarchviledemon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
6 years 5 months ago #1 by doomedarchviledemon
Telefrag from nothing? was created by doomedarchviledemon
I am currently working on a weapon and made a very bare bones test to see if what I am planning on making will even work. So far it looks promising... if it wasn't for the fact that this weapon telefrags everything that comes around a certain radius after firing. I've even added +NOTELEFRAG to what I imagine is what is causing this issue and it still telefrags everything.

I've included the current version below. It uses assets from the Snow Spawner and Angled Pistol at the moment, but will of course be replaced with something else later on. If anyone can see why this is occurring please let me know.

Snow Magic Test

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MagicWazard
More
6 years 5 months ago #2 by MagicWazard
Replied by MagicWazard on topic Telefrag from nothing?
Actor "SnowSpawner" calls A_SpawnItemEx with a flags value of 98, which probably includes the flag SXF_TELEFRAG. I'm guessing the 98 was intended for a different parameter, if intended at all...? Anyways, if you set the flags value to 0, there's no telefragging.

• doomedarchviledemon
  • doomedarchviledemon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
6 years 5 months ago #3 by doomedarchviledemon
Replied by doomedarchviledemon on topic Telefrag from nothing?

Actor "SnowSpawner" calls A_SpawnItemEx with a flags value of 98, which probably includes the flag SXF_TELEFRAG.

Ooooh I see. Alright, I thought that section was for the int failchance which determines the chance of weather or not the Thing will actually spawn. I miscounted where that part was in the code lol. Silly me. :P Thanks for the help!