my first Zscript monster

• DeVloek
  • DeVloek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
5 years 7 months ago #1 by DeVloek
my first Zscript monster was created by DeVloek
I tried to wrap my head around Zscript recently, and during the process I made a new monster. The initial tutorial that I read was about converting the Revenant from DECORATE to Zscript, so that's the base for this monster.
When I started making this I was just playing around, and as I was digging thru the wiki for interesting and fun stuff, the monster became a boss/mini-boss type of Revenant with a variety of attacks and dodge moves. It is fast, deadly and able to fly :evil: It can even lift off and land at will... which means at random :XD:

I might turn this into a proper submission, thats why I'd like to ask for some feedback. The monster does work as intended but I guess there's room for improvement in the code. For now the sprites are just a basic recolor, I painted the armor green so translations are easily applied. The monster's name is Nekrodaemon but that may change depending on how far I can get with the sprites. So if anyone can help with that or has ideas and suggestions, please tell me :)

I made an arena to fight and test this monster, if you wanna give it a try here's the download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ifblyvoweOeFWPe4ndBzi7gJgPL6rZkQ

When you start a new game you can choose how many of these bastards you wanna fight. It's supposed to be a boss so I guess provoking infights is the only way to beat all five levels (I never made it past level 4). It's quite funny how they kick each others ass ;)

If you wanna test it in your own map just load NKRDMN.wad from the .pk3 and summon Nekrodaemon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.