• shadowedradiance's Avatar Topic Author
  • Zombieman
  • Zombieman
More
3 years 11 months ago #1 by shadowedradiance
Doom 2016/Eternal Monsters was created by shadowedradiance
Hi everyone,

About me:
Random person out of the woodwork who has been developing a brutal doom style level for some time. I've been modifying a lot of code via slade to create custom powerups, balance monsters, and add or modify stats/attacks/abilities to monsters. In the case of the Arachnotron, simply making it a viable enemy as I felt their threat level was too low. Nothing crazy like making them god like, just raising them from F class to A/B class by tweaking behavior and adding lighting effects :).

Inquiry:
I was wondering if anyone knew of a repository or mods that use Doom 2016/Eternal Monsters that could be easily extract/copied to the Decorate Format. Resources/Mods that I've found seem to replace existing doom monsters, such as the D4 vanilla mod, with these newer 2016/Eternal monsters. For an amateur such as myself, I could not figure out how to extract the monsters. Even the sprites seemed to elude me in most cases. If there were other 2016/Eternal monster assets I could get my hands on, it would allow to re-code them and incorporate assets that I think would add to what I've been making.

'Success':
I was able to find sprites for the summoner and took on the task of coding the monster from the ground up via decorate to have the ability to teleport with lightning trails and lighting, projectiles, melee, summoning other monsters, creating brightmaps, etc. I feel my summoner is a good balance of a S class monster in brutal doom context (threat level equal to the Archvile, but not a basic reskin) and mirrors that of the 2016/Eternal summoner. At this stage, the summoner is complete and does not override any other assets. I've found it is much easier to modify existing monsters where the sprite animations for walking/projectiles have already been mapped out. The summoner project was fun, but too time consuming for myself to practically apply it to any other monster.

The attachment is a screen of bright-maps that I made, just for fun. If/when I complete my doom level, I'll look into releasing it for the community with the appropriate credits/permissions for the assets used. I would not hold your breath though as I've taken ~6month break and this post marks a potential resurgence to complete it.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JohnCook1994
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 11 months ago #2 by JohnCook1994
Replied by JohnCook1994 on topic Doom 2016/Eternal Monsters
Hey Shadowed Radiance, I like your idea for the New Doom monsters, I actually enjoyed looking at the brightmaps for the monsters, and I wish you good luck and be sure to share us some updates.

• Gothic
More
3 years 11 months ago #3 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic Doom 2016/Eternal Monsters
This should go in the Workshop, this forum is for submissions and updates only.

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 11 months ago #4 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic Doom 2016/Eternal Monsters

Gothic wrote: This should go in the Workshop, this forum is for submissions and updates only.

Moved it to there.