• MrRosenberg98's Avatar Topic Author
  • Zombieman
  • Zombieman
More
3 years 10 months ago #1 by MrRosenberg98
Greatings and some general quations was created by MrRosenberg98
Hey you guys :)

First of all: greatings to everyone

Im pretty new to doom map development and since theres so much talent round here, i thought you guys might be able to help me a bit.

1. How can i modify the Players Speed, height, Speed and starting weapon ?

2. How do i create bended walls or ceelings ?

3. Is it possible to create distructable walls like in the build engine ?

4. How do i Import custom objects into my map using Slade ? I ve tried it multiple times. The map files were allway at the top of the map and everything was imported but when i load the map in to ultimate doom builder, an error Pops up which tells me that an Actor was missing.

Thats all for now. Id like to thank you in Advance and i wish all of you the best.

MrRosenberg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JohnCook1994
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 9 months ago #2 by JohnCook1994
Replied by JohnCook1994 on topic Greatings and some general quations
There are things I can answer and things that I do not know.

Answer to #1.
If you wish to change the character's height/speed. Take a giant look at https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:PlayerPawn

Answer to #4
I recommend you to review your decorate file and the content that you already imported from any resource. If it's like Replaces Shotgun to Shotgun, you may ignore that. Always be consistent by checking the DECORATE, GLDEFS, DECORATE, GAMEINFO, MAPiNFO or anything concerning the text format.

I yet do not know question #2 or #3 yet; in other words, you might have to make https://zdoom.org/wiki/Main_Page , or Youtubers like (LazyGamer, ChubzDoomer, Yuki Omegalore, Jandice Juan, or any other channels that have tutorials for map designing.

And also ask my friends from Realm667 to assist you. Like Gothic, Tormentor667, Blue Shadow, and many more for more help.

Thanks for bringing up the questions and good luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.