Brightmaps: No
Actor modification: No
ACS: No

Credits: 
Code: CrazyMoth00
Sounds: Wargaming West
Sprites: SNK ( Edited by me )

---
First of all I'm new in the doom "modding" community, but might do something interesting ? 

This is a tank from Metal Slug brought into doom. I'm planning to bring more vehicles into doom from MS.  Everything to make it work is done by me. Had to learn a lot to get it working x.x 
It's still isn't fully completed yet, but soon it will be. Then I'll leave a link for download. 

Thought might leave it here for a while, maybe someone likes the idea of metal slug stuff being brought into doom.
---

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• inkoalawetrust
More
3 years 3 months ago #2 by inkoalawetrust
Replied by inkoalawetrust on topic Smoll enemy tonk
I see I'm not the only person who has thought of adding stuff from Metal Slug into Doom, I have no idea how you got proper angled and even front facing sprites for the Di-Cokka though, my guess is that you drew them yourself, since as far as I know there are not many or any side facing sprites similar to Doom's in Metal Slug for any enemy.

I myself tried to make the NOP-3 Sarubia into Doom once, but due to said lack of usable sprites, I had to make my own (voxel) model from scratch for it:

Unfortunately though I kind of just stopped working on it eventually due to my limited ZScript knowledge at the time, and severe limitations with my own knowledge of modelling, such as being unable to make firing frames for it.

Here are all the sprites I made of it , including a destroyed version and an animated sprite of the rolling mines it launches. Also I should note that it's based more on the models and concept art of the Sarubia instead of the in-game design itself, where it's more sloped at the back, which is a decision I regretted afterwards.

Also I can't wait for you to release the first version of the Di-Cokka, so I can playtest it and report on any issues or possible improvements.

• Gothic
More
3 years 3 months ago #3 by Gothic
Replied by Gothic on topic Smoll enemy tonk
If it is unfinished, you should tag it with the unfinished tag instead of submission, unless you're really just starting, in that case you should make a thread in the workshop to report your progress and some people may suggest how to improve it (you could also go to the Zdoom forums, as this place isn't very active)
If you're keeping the cartoonish style of Metal Slug, then I'll doubt it would fit in doom, but that's what the other sources category is for.

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 months ago #4 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic Smoll enemy tonk
A month later, and nothing to download still.

Moving this to the Workshop and changing the submission status to "Unfinished".