• CrazyMoth00
  • CrazyMoth00's Avatar Topic Author
  • Shotgunner
  • Shotgunner
More
3 years 3 months ago #1 by CrazyMoth00
Guncaster co-op ? was created by CrazyMoth00
Heyo, I'm not so sure I've found the best suiting category to post this. But-
I would really like to play Guncaster in co-op / lan but my knowledge of doom doesn't extend to make it work. 
I tried to use Doomseeker with Zandronum but couldn't make it work. 
I'm sure here I can find some answers- since you guys know more about this-

I'm new in the doom modding* community please dont hurt me c: 
Thanks~ 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• inkoalawetrust
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #2 by inkoalawetrust
Replied by inkoalawetrust on topic Guncaster co-op ?
Guncaster uses a lot of ZScript to function, so the reason you can't run Guncaster is simply because Zandronum doesn't support ZScript, and it never will either, unless the almost totally inactive development team of the source port plans to make a complete rewrite of Zandronum so it can actually use and run ZScript code instead of the archaic and very limited version of DECORATE it currently uses.

If you want to play Guncaster with multiplayer you'll have to use GZDoom or LZDoom,  L/GZDoom uses peer-to-peer networking instead of client-server networking like Zandronum, Doomseeker also doesn't support L/GZDoom so you WILL have to use the command line to set up an online game. However I have no idea how to set up an online game in L/GZDoom, so you'll have to ask for help on  the ZDoom Discord server .

(Don't mind the garbage text below, it always appears in my posts for some reason.)
.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by inkoalawetrust.

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #3 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic Guncaster co-op ?

CrazyMoth00 wrote: I'm not so sure I've found the best suiting category to post this.

Let Us Know is for posts pertaining to the site itself. Since your post isn't one of those, the only place it can go is the Workshop , where I've moved it to.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Blue Shadow.