• george doomson
  • george doomson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Shotgunner
  • Shotgunner
More
9 years 6 months ago #1 by george doomson
Help Request: Resident Evil-Style Status Bar was created by george doomson
Good Mourning Doomers,

I did post this last night, but I don't know if it went through or not. However I'm asking for help on how to create, a Status Bar, in the style of Resident Evil: Director's Cut.

I'm trying to create a Survival-Horror Mod for Doom. Which combines between Doom 3, and Resident Evil: Director's Cut. Furthermore, this status bar would have a small screen
. Displaying what the player is carrying in their inventory
. Also the health will be under the small screen as I've mentioned. Plus there won't be a number of how much health you have, but tells you if you're good, fine, or in danger.

For the inventory [which is on the right side], it will vary on how much slots will be, per skill level. For example, Beginner Mode will have Eight Slots. Original will have Six Slots, and Arrange Mode will have Four Slots. You don't have to stick with these items throughout an entire level. Instead, I'm in favour for having the ability to take in/out items, power-ups, weapons, ammo, medikits, etc. Basically you have control over your arsenal. Rather than coping with what you have, per se, in the six slots which may not help you survive.

For further references, I'd recommend checking out BlackFox2240's walkthrough of Resident Evil: Director's Cut. He goes through every skill level, per character. Even though my mod has one, but it will help you get the idea of what I'm seeking for. I'm not asking someone to bust their ass to make this status bar for me. I'm only asking if someone could guide me with creating this kind of status bar please. SBARINFO, per se, with Slade is what I'd be comfortable working with. Because I have the two.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope someone could help me with this.

Stay Doomed!
George Doomson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 6 months ago #2 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic Help Request: Resident Evil-Style Status Bar
Your post did make it , but it was moved from Tutorial to Workshop, as this is not the right forum to post such topics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.