BAR M1918

• BFG Major Mike
  • BFG Major Mike's Avatar Topic Author
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #1 by BFG Major Mike
BAR M1918 was created by BFG Major Mike
I really, really dont want to sound needy or something of that nature, but can someone make or help me with some BAR M1918 Sprites? I have tried repeatedly and searched everywhere for some BAR M1918 Sprites and spent several hours trying to make sprites, yet none look good, so maybe can I get some help or something of that nature? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DeVloek
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #2 by DeVloek
Replied by DeVloek on topic BAR M1918
What have you got so far?

You could try to base your sprites on this 3D model, it has animations for the bipod, sights, reloading etc
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/browning-automatic-rifle-m1918-2fc43861e0234347bf5d80dc7c0b7c02
You'd obviously have to overpaint it in Doom style, which I guess is the hardest part. Unfortunately I don't have any good tips for that, the few times I tried overpainting 3D models it came out pretty meh...

• BFG Major Mike
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #3 by BFG Major Mike
Replied by BFG Major Mike on topic BAR M1918
I made several attempts, most of which deleted, but I even tried frankenspriting or even using a weapon that looked like a BAR but nothing came, this is what I have left

• BFG Major Mike
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #4 by BFG Major Mike
Another problem with using 3D models is that I dont have any programs to use or open it, and my friend who does cant pixelate 3D models well, so me and him are at a deadlock

• DeVloek
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
3 months 1 week ago #5 by DeVloek
Replied by DeVloek on topic BAR M1918
You can try with some screenshots taken directly on sketchfab. Press i to open the model inspector for some render options. You can also drag the lightsource around with alt + left mousebutton. Try to find an angle that looks good, then you can go through the animations and do some captures. I don't think there's an option to disable the background logo though. Can't do much else in this view mode but it's better than nothing. :derp:

• BFG Major Mike
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
3 months 1 week ago #6 by BFG Major Mike
Nvm I found some sprites on the Zdoom forums lel