header general

Demon Eclipse dropped - Save monsters to the repo

• Tormentor667
  • Tormentor667's Avatar Topic Author
  • Founder
  • Founder
More
9 years 5 months ago #1 by Tormentor667
Eriance has unfortunately dropped DE, but the latest version is available as resources here:
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13397

So, I guess it'd be time to collect stuff and submit it to the repo before everything's lost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hellsmith1
  • Wraith
  • Wraith
More
9 years 5 months ago #2 by Hellsmith1
Replied by Hellsmith1 on topic Demon Eclipse dropped - Save monsters to the repo
Ah Oh!
What Happened?

• Salahmander
  • Lost Soul
  • Lost Soul
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #3 by Salahmander
Replied by Salahmander on topic Demon Eclipse dropped - Save monsters to the repo

After much thought, I think I should make the announcement before I second-think this anymore than I already have. I've decided to abandon Demon Eclipse in totality. It's not a decision I came to easily, as I've invested over 7 years (albeit on-and-off work) into this project. But given the state of progress (or lack thereof) for the project recently, I think it would be better to just leave it for others to finish, or as an set of resources for others to use for their own mods. Real-life has caught up, and I really don't have the spare time to work on this, my art, and my education anymore.

That said, the current incomplete version of the mod will be uploaded to the front page. All the resources I have finished are in there. However, I will upload the sprite sheets later today when I compile all of them. Despite my decision to abandon the project, I will try to finish the last 3-5 monster sprite sheets that I've already begun; namely the Draugr (hell revenant), the Hellduke (hell cyberdemon), Director (hell Mastermind), and if time allows, the Archon of Hell and Senintel.

I've been modding doom since I was 12 years old. It has been certainly a great learning experience for me. However, after 17 years, I'm rather burned out and I think now would be a good time to move on and concentrate on real-life issues that I have to deal with. I thank the Zdoom community for your constant support and feedback that helped me immensely to advance to where I am now; it might not be something I could of accomplished without the constant encouragement that I've from you guys. Thank you all, it's been fun and an honor.

Ericance on ZDoom Forums.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Salahmander.