lots of things.

• BTBAMAR15
  • BTBAMAR15's Avatar Topic Author
  • Shotgunner
  • Shotgunner
More
8 years 10 months ago #1 by BTBAMAR15
lots of things. was created by BTBAMAR15
Sorry I'm not sure where to post this. I've been working on a bunch of guns and I want to put them all in one file. I also want to add screen flash? Or something and have the screen jump like in brutal doom when the guns shoot. Also, I want to put a reload function on my guns. Not really sure where to start with any of this. Any help, tips, or resources are appreciated, I will be posting a rough work in progress once I get this and a rough version of all the sprite and sprite edits done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic lots of things.

BTBAMAR15 wrote: I've been working on a bunch of guns and I want to put them all in one file.

If they are in WADs, then it's just a matter of putting everything as is in a single WAD. However, if you aren't of the lazy type and you actually want to organize things a little, then you can use the directory structure .

I also want to add screen flash

You need to elaborate further.

have the screen jump like in brutal doom when the guns shoot

It most likely involves the use of A_SetPitch in the weapon's code.

I want to put a reload function on my guns

This tutorial could be of help.

• BTBAMAR15
  • BTBAMAR15's Avatar Topic Author
  • Shotgunner
  • Shotgunner
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by BTBAMAR15
Replied by BTBAMAR15 on topic lots of things.
thanks man. As far as the screen flash thing, I kind of would just like to incorporate the effects used in brutal doom when you fire the supershotgun, etc. The screen kicks up, and I'm not sure how complex the screen flash is, knowing that mod, its probably a little out of my league at the moment. I'm trying to achieve something similar, id like to write the code myself to learn how. And oh yes, everything will be organized in the wad files, just not sure to combine them all and where to put the stops and all that. But thanks again. I'm making a mod that replaces all the weapons, some I'm making from scratch, sprites and all and the others are alot of heavy editing and frame smoothing. Got alot to do!