Submitted: TheMonstrosity
Decorate: TheMonstrosity
GLDefs: Yes
Sounds: Id Software, Eriance, Vader, TheMonstrosity
Sprites: Id Software, Eriance, Vader
Sprite Edit: DoomNukem
Idea Base: Eriance Archon of Hell, Vader Bruiserdemon, Doom Baron of Hell

[DESCRIPTION]

The Tyrant is a strong Hell Noble that has multiple attacks that can deal heavy/severe/moderate damage.

[PREVIEW]

[DOWNLOAD]

File Attachment:

File Name: Tyrant.zip
File Size:352 KB
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Tormentor667.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• yuraofthehairfan
  • Demon
  • Demon
More
8 years 3 months ago #2 by yuraofthehairfan
Replied by yuraofthehairfan on topic [SUBMISSION] Tyrant
I like the sprites any plans on adding the single claw attack set?
Also not sure if the green shadow works well with the pink its a cool idea though.

• MagicWazard
More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by MagicWazard
Replied by MagicWazard on topic [SUBMISSION] Tyrant
Here's my feedback on this:

*The green afterimage doesn't really work. Perhaps if it was much darker, it could, but not as bright as it is now.

*His projectile-spam attack is a little excessive in the number of projectiles it fires. Plus the animation looks awkward since he rapidly flops his arms around as he does it.

*I like the idea of the land attack a lot, but it's pretty rough right now. The lifespan of the projectile is so short, that combined with the single-color appearance, it almost looks like a glitch more than an attack. (I had to actually open up the .zip file and examine the contents to see exactly what it was supposed to be.) I would actually focus on polishing this attack up and making it one of his signature attacks; it's got a lot of potential, and is unique among Nobles' attacks.

*I haaaate the Tyrant Souls in their current state. They are more dangerous than the Tyrant himself. They've got 300 points of health (which is a lot!), they're fast, almost impossible to dodge, and silent (not to mention hard to see). Worst of all, they deal HUGE amounts of damage. Each melee attack deals a whopping 20 - 160 points of damage (which eclipses even a Baron's melee damage), and they perform up to four of these in a row. If you're lucky, they'll spend half of their time fighting with each other (which, incidentally, should be disallowed). If not, you're more screwed than if you just fight the Tyrant himself, since they're liable to insta-kill you if they get anywhere near you. For starters, I'd dramatically lower the amount of damage they deal, and instead of using a melee attack, I'd switch them over to using the standard Lost Soul A_SkullAttack. (I do see that SkullAttack is part of the monster's behavior routine already, but since the monster has no "damage" property, the SkullAttack doesn't deal any damage.) The melee attack, as dangerous as it is, is not entirely reliable, since it isn't guaranteed to go off while next to the player; sometimes I'd stand stock-still and let them come at me, and I'd suffer absolutely no damage. Other times, I'd suddenly gib from a colossal amount of damage. I'd also drop their health level dramatically (probably no more than 50). Remember, these are designed to supplement the Tyrant himself; they shouldn't be so dangerous that they upstage him completely.

As a side note, the "MeleeDamage" property and "A_MeleeAttack" functions are deprecated. It's usually better to use A_CustomMeleeAttack , since it's much more versatile.

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #4 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic [SUBMISSION] Tyrant
This thing is way overpowered attack-wise. You do well if it sticks to using the baron fireball spam (provided you have sufficient room to dodge), but once it starts using the other attacks, you're pretty much dead.

• TheMonstrosity2
  • Zombieman
  • Zombieman
More
7 years 11 months ago #5 by TheMonstrosity2
Replied by TheMonstrosity2 on topic [SUBMISSION] Tyrant
Hi peeps! That guy that created a crappy monster(TheMonstrosity) ist still me, so don't worry If I say crappy stuff to the monster.I had to create a new account because I forgot my password...

So, let's start. I don't really have the spare time to polish this crappy guy, and I am not very interested to even polish him, so I will make this guy a free edit monster. That means you can freely edit or do things to him. You can polish his sprites,code and stuff like that.You don't need my permission to edit him,and you can even repost him in this Website! I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Good Bye!

(I'll try to make a new demon maybe in the future...)

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #6 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic [SUBMISSION] Tyrant
To the workshop it goes, then.