Submitting new WADS to site

• DBJ87
  • DBJ87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
8 years 5 months ago #1 by DBJ87
Submitting new WADS to site was created by DBJ87
I've just finished making a couple of WADS- both working and would like submit one them to this website, for everyone else to use. Bit of a stupid question to some, but there's no actual way explained on how or who does it...

WAD is for Doom & contains a set of predefined allied Marines with different weapons, stats and sound effects... If I have to attach it here, let me know and I'll submit it here...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #2 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic Submitting new WADS to site
[strike]http://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/kunena/the-workshop/245-my-first-ever-map#1368[/strike]

Edit: I'm an idiot!
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Blue Shadow.

• DBJ87
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #3 by DBJ87
Replied by DBJ87 on topic Submitting new WADS to site
Thank you for your help. Managed to upload my first WAD, took a while to get the links for Image preview to work, but I've got it fixed now. Any feedback, improvements etc. is more then welcome. Currently, just making maps for myself-- can't find any way to create a brand new PWAD from scratch so it's just replacing levels in Doom 2.

Reading your link, I can assure you that I have no intention on posting own Maps on here. But I have made a couple of Weapons & Monsters and am more then happy to share them for others to use as they please. This website has been a massive help. :)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by DBJ87. Reason: Updating reply

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic Submitting new WADS to site
Oops! I thought you were trying post some mod.

For some bizarre reason I misinterpreted your post, there. Apologies.

• DBJ87
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
8 years 5 months ago #5 by DBJ87
Replied by DBJ87 on topic Submitting new WADS to site
Don't worry about it. Seeing as you are one of the Administrators on the website, I thought it'd be best to let you & everyone know a bit about what I am doing and why I'm sharing the items that I am putting up. If I'm doing anything wrong, or step out of line, please let me know.

A lot of the weapons I've got are from here, And are now modified by me from the original upload. Best example being adding Secondary Firing modes to weapons such as the Plasma Shotgun, Pump-Action Shotgun & Mancubus Arms because there is a lack of weapons with Alternative Firing modes. But I don't take credit for making the weapons and claim they are my own, I will give credit to those who originally made them.

Although I consider myself to still be a bit of a novice when it comes to making new things using Slade, Last year I have made a Quad-Barrelled shotgun too (based on Quad-Shotgun Guy) and will be uploading that soon-- it doesn't look great but it was the 1st weapon/monster I created from scratch that works.

I've also made custom ammo, mostly for separating Bullets from Class 2 & Class 4 weapons (Chainguns & Pistols) by giving each their own type, as well as giving weapons like the Electrogun & Freeze Rifle different Custom Ammo (made from scratch) to the default Cells.

But every file I upload will have it's original ammo (Clips/Shells/Rockets/Cells) unless the person who made the original added their original ammo (like the Mancubus Arm's "Demon Blood" Ammo). Ammo Decorates I've created will be added to INFO so anybody checking the files can decide whether they use it instead or not.