Help Request: A_SentinelBob

• doomedarchviledemon
  • doomedarchviledemon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
9 years 8 months ago #1 by doomedarchviledemon
Help Request: A_SentinelBob was created by doomedarchviledemon
I am trying to make a Fire Serpent monster and wish to give it the A_SentinelBob property like the Grell has. Of course it works just fine but I would like to make the wave pattern more specific, as well as try and stop this issue I am running into. My objective is to make the wave pattern that the monster travels in smaller to make it look more like a snake flying in the air, or in the case of my inspiration for this monster, the Chinese dragon from Gex. But I do not know how to make this happen and there doesn't seem to be any option to control it as far as what I had read on the wiki page. The only way I can make it worm is by spawning it in the air. Give yourself the Fly cheat, go up a little bit, and then spawn the monster. They wave pattern should be much more subtle and faster.

The second thing is that when I shoot the monster it will continue floating through the air at a fixed position at which it was shot for about five second before returning to normal. The same thing happens with the Grell monster though. Even so I find it very annoying and it just doesn't look good.

Does anyone have any idea if these issues can be fixed/altered? I would really like to make this monster work but if I can't get the wave pattern the way I want I will have to scrap it sadly.

Here's the Fire Serpent as it stands. Summon is FireSerpent.
Fire Serpent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 8 months ago #2 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic Help Request: A_SentinelBob
Have you tried A_Weave ?

• doomedarchviledemon
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
9 years 8 months ago #3 by doomedarchviledemon
Replied by doomedarchviledemon on topic Help Request: A_SentinelBob

Blue Shadow wrote: Have you tried A_Weave ?

That works perfectly! Now it looks just like I want it too. The only issue now that I am running into is that the monster will not actually rise or lower in the air to get to higher or lower areas that the player is at.

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 8 months ago #4 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic Help Request: A_SentinelBob

doomedarchviledemon wrote: The only issue now that I am running into is that the monster will not actually rise or lower in the air to get to higher or lower areas that the player is at.

Because you didn't give it the FLOAT flag.

• doomedarchviledemon
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
9 years 8 months ago #5 by doomedarchviledemon
Replied by doomedarchviledemon on topic Help Request: A_SentinelBob

Blue Shadow wrote:

doomedarchviledemon wrote: The only issue now that I am running into is that the monster will not actually rise or lower in the air to get to higher or lower areas that the player is at.

Because you didn't give it the FLOAT flag.

Aaaarrgh! Gosh I hate it when I forget one little thing that's so simple. Thank you lol now it is working just the way I want it to work. Now to get to work on the functions and sprite edits!