[WIP] Photonic Modulator

• BadMojo
  • BadMojo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
7 years 10 months ago #1 by BadMojo
[WIP] Photonic Modulator was created by BadMojo
Here is the beginnings of something new... its rough, messy and the perspective is probably off... but I have a few ideas of where this could go. Thought Id share its progress.

Let me know if I'm misusing the workshop by putting this here and Ill remove it :)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MagicWazard
More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by MagicWazard
Replied by MagicWazard on topic [WIP] Photonic Modulator

badmojo91 wrote: Here is the beginnings of something new... its rough, messy and the perspective is probably off... but I have a few ideas of where this could go. Thought Id share its progress.

Let me know if I'm misusing the workshop by putting this here and Ill remove it :)

This is absolutely what the Workshop is for! Yes, I think the perspective is off a touch, but otherwise, it looks promising. :)

• Blue Shadow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago #3 by Blue Shadow
Replied by Blue Shadow on topic [WIP] Photonic Modulator
The thing I noticed immediately is the lack of gloves.

• BadMojo
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #4 by BadMojo
Replied by BadMojo on topic [WIP] Photonic Modulator
I shall give him his gloves back when my other 3 submissions are finalized :)
But ill probably end up moving his hands anyway, there is a lot of work to be done with this one... Especially with the code, it will probably need ACS or something for my idea to work.. And even then its going to be hard to implement... But I'm sure ill figure it out.

Out of curiosity though... before I start on this project.... is it possible with ACS to do the following:

1. Fire projectile (done with decorate.. obviously)
2. Trace line from end destination of projectile to all visible things with health (including self if within view)
3. Raise monster/player by a few units
4. Pull monster/player towards the origin of the end destination (the further away the monster is/estimated weight of monster depends on how much pull/suction power there is)
5. When within a small distance of end destination, take damage from monster\player
6. Repeat steps 2 - 5 within a while loop until a set timer runs out

Basically, if you have ever played Painkeep for the original quake, its essentially the same thing the gravity well does... aka, throw the item, suck every living thing into it until it runs out of steam.... except this time were gonna slap that thing on a wall and anything near it is history.

Weather this is a good idea or not, id still like to know if its possible in the zdoom engine.

Also... the name of this weapon is temporary unless there isn't a more suitable one for the concept.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by BadMojo.

• MagicWazard
More
7 years 10 months ago #5 by MagicWazard
Replied by MagicWazard on topic [WIP] Photonic Modulator
Actually, I think you can do that without ACS by means of A_RadiusThrust and playing around with negative values. A quote from the page: (Negative values will push objects towards the center of the source.)

A_Blast might also work, although its description doesn't indicate that negative values have any effect.

• BadMojo
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
7 years 10 months ago #6 by BadMojo
Replied by BadMojo on topic [WIP] Photonic Modulator
Heh.. Why am i always making things so complicated for myself... Cheers MagicWazard for the tip, ill look into it :)

• Skelegant
  • Demon
  • Demon
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #7 by Skelegant
Replied by Skelegant on topic [WIP] Photonic Modulator
You could also have the weapon give actors an inventory item using A_RadiusGive, which causes them to shoot the gravity projectiles at the weapon, rather than the other way around.
Something like this:
Code:
ACTOR Gravbeamer : CustomInventory { +INVENTORY.ALWAYSPICKUP +INVENTORY.AUTOACTIVATE Inventory.MaxAmount 9999 States { Spawn: TNT1 A -1 Bright Stop Use: TNT1 A 0 TNT1 A 0 A_FaceTarget TNT1 A 0 A_Firecustommissile("gravbeam") TNT1 A 0 A_Recoil(-1) TNT1 A 0 A_DamageSelf(Random(1,10)) Stop End: TNT1 A 0 Fail } }
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Skelegant.