[QUESTION]Weapon Parts and Upgrades????

• CaptainManiac
  • CaptainManiac's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cacodemon
  • Cacodemon
More
7 years 6 months ago #1 by CaptainManiac
[QUESTION]Weapon Parts and Upgrades???? was created by CaptainManiac
Hi.I have heard about the weapon parts on Hexen and i somewhat like the assemblingt system,but i wonder if there is a way to create a weapon from existing weapon by adding weapon parts to it,like if you want to create a scoped version of M60 and make the scope part and use the original m60 in a way that if the weapon part is added the original m60 will turn into M60 with scope.Is there a way to make weapon parts and upgrades to be added to existing weapons in order to assemble an upgraded version of the weapon?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MagicWazard
More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by MagicWazard
Replied by MagicWazard on topic [QUESTION]Weapon Parts and Upgrades????
I don't think there's a hard-coded way of doing this, but it should be possible to do using the WeaponPiece system. If the M60 pickup is defined as a CustomInventory item, you can make it give the player both the standard M60 weapon AND a WeaponPiece towards the scoped version of the gun. Then, you can make the scope item the other "piece" of the scoped version of the gun.

• Salahmander
  • Lost Soul
  • Lost Soul
More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by Salahmander
Replied by Salahmander on topic [QUESTION]Weapon Parts and Upgrades????
The one method I can think of is having a system similar to Strife's Sigil system, just needs a A_JumpIfinventory and then make a seperate state for the scoped gun.

• DBJ87
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
7 years 6 months ago #4 by DBJ87
Replied by DBJ87 on topic [QUESTION]Weapon Parts and Upgrades????
Would making alternative variants as "Sister Weapons" help? Been wondering about things like upgrades or temporary upgrades that can be swapped for a while myself.

• CaptainManiac
  • CaptainManiac's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cacodemon
  • Cacodemon
More
7 years 6 months ago #5 by CaptainManiac
Replied by CaptainManiac on topic [QUESTION]Weapon Parts and Upgrades????
Thank you.I will try what you suggested.Also,the scoped M60 needs to take the original from the Inventory