header general

Please help with install WolfenDoom mod?

• PistolSlap
  • PistolSlap's Avatar Topic Author
  • Shotgunner
  • Shotgunner
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #1 by PistolSlap
Please help with install WolfenDoom mod? was created by PistolSlap
Hello, I downloaded several files off ModDB but I am not sure what to do with them all, as several seem to be updates, so I am not sure if I need to patch certain files with other ones. I have made an image of several screenshots showing the downloaded package name on the left (folder view) and the files within those folders on the right. Hopefully it is comprehensible. Can anyone please tell me how to combine these files to get the fully updated program? Thanks!! :grin:

Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by PistolSlap. Reason: Double photo accidentally

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Raccoon
  • Demon
  • Demon
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #2 by Raccoon
Replied by Raccoon on topic Please help with install WolfenDoom mod?
You have about 10 different things there: they're not updates, they're different games. You want to pick one at a time and play that... Probably Wolfendoom V2...

Or are you looking for Blade of Agony? Because you can download the original chapter 1 release from their page on this website...
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Raccoon.

• PistolSlap
  • Shotgunner
  • Shotgunner
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #3 by PistolSlap
Replied by PistolSlap on topic Please help with install WolfenDoom mod?
sorry, the image repeated twice. It's only the five folders, wolfendoom,
wolfendoom update,
Wolfendoom v2,
WolfenEdge, and
WolfenEdge Final.

All of what is on the download page here, actually:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfendoom/downloads

I don't know what I'm looking for specifically, I saw a YouTube review on the game and I thought it looked really cool, so I'd like to play them all actually. It looks to me like there are only 2 games there, wolfendoom and WolfenEdge, but that each of them have updates/patches, and I want to get the most polished version of each of them. Is "blade of agony" one of the ones listed there? (wolfendoom?) What is the other one? (WolfenEdge?) If these are all 3 different titles I'd like to play them sequentially, I can see that there is a proper standalone package for Blade of agony, but how do I use the packages listed there? It seems like some of the files are very minimal, as if they're only designed to be patched into the other folders to get them to work properly. The problem is I'm not sure what needs to go where...

Thanks!
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by PistolSlap.

• Raccoon
  • Demon
  • Demon
More
7 years 1 month ago #4 by Raccoon
Replied by Raccoon on topic Please help with install WolfenDoom mod?
Hmm...
Ok, you need to run them through a Doom engine. Since you were here, I assumed you had ZDoom. Go download Blade if Agony and see what it installs. The installation it makes should be able to run other Doom games than BoA. If it's not clear how to make ZDoom run different games, look it up: ZDoom is heavily documented.

• PistolSlap
  • Shotgunner
  • Shotgunner
More
7 years 1 month ago #5 by PistolSlap
Replied by PistolSlap on topic Please help with install WolfenDoom mod?
Ok, so then I guess what I should do is patch the files in "wolfendoom update" into the "wolfendoom" folder? And since there are only a couple files in "wolfendoom v2", I should also patch those into the first folder, and then run that through zDoom, does that sound right?

And for the other one, I see that "WolfenEdge final" is only a few files, so I should patch those into "WolfenEdge" and run that through zDoom?