Type: Demon/Cybernetic
credits
Submitted: herif6677
Decorate: herif6677
GLDEFs: N/A
Sounds: idsoftware
Sprites: id Software
Sprite Edit: Warhawk
idea base: we need stronger plasmademon.
Description:
stronger version of plasma demon he's fast hard to kill throws more plasma ball eats you faster
sprite:

download:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jnlr0eKdN9yk0jz9spR_e5RQQH9QXaf0/view  
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Tormentor667.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• inkoalawetrust
More
2 years 10 months ago #2 by inkoalawetrust
Replied by inkoalawetrust on topic MechPlasmaDemon
The submission should be repackaged and put in a PK3 archive instead of a WAD. I would also suggest giving the actor editor keys  and maybe a number too, and optimizing the sprites .

Besides that, the spelling, grammar, and code indentation are absolutely all over the place. Random letters are capitalized, most function calls are capitalized except for the A_CustomMissile ones, some lines of code are indented at all while most of them are not, properties and flags have random capitalization. The grammar on the obituaries is wrong (e.g "The MechPlasmaDemon Gived nice Orange to %o", should be more like "The Plasma Demon gave a nice orange to %o"). There also seems to be a random strangely named variant of the demon that is mostly translucent.

Here's what the code should look more like, using the actor definition up to the Melee state sequence as an example, and should be intended by making spaces in SLADE using the TAB key instead of spacebar:
Code:
Actor MechPlasmaDemon : Demon 1234 {     Health 535     PainChance 40     Speed 18     FastSpeed 25     SeeSound "CyberFiend/sight"     PainSound "blooddemon/pain"     DeathSound "blooddemon/death"     ActiveSound "blooddemon/active"     MeleeSound "blooddemon/melee"     DropItem "CellPack"     DropItem "PlasmaRifle"     HitObituary "%o was eaten by a Plasma Demon, yummy."      Obituary "The Plasma Demon gave a nice orange to %o"     States     {         Spawn:             DME2 AB 10 A_Look             Loop         See:             DME2 A 0 A_PlaySound("blooddemon/walk")             DME2 AABB 2 A_Chase             DME2 C 0 A_PlaySound("blooddemon/walk")             DME2 CCDD 2 A_Chase             Loop         Melee:             DME2 E 4 A_FaceTarget             DME2 F 4 A_FaceTarget             DME2 G 3 A_FaceTarget             Goto See

Besides these glaring code issues there's more minor ones, like how the function calls use their flag parameters using the direct integer value of all the flags put together for some reason, instead of using the flag names, which unnecessarily obfuscates the code. Like how the A_CustomMissile calls just have the number 1 as their flag parameter, instead of using CMF_AIMOFFSET, which is the name of the flag that the number 1 represents. A_SpawnItemEx also uses the number 128 for its' flag parameter, but I have no idea what those flags are altogether, because the enum for A_SpawnItemEx's flags uses bit shift operators instead of normal integers/numbers .

All the code issues aside, the NPC is also just very unbalanced, it has 535 health, a bit higher than the Hell Knight, compared to the original Plasma Demon which only had 50 more health than the vanilla Pinky, so since this is meant to be a more powerful Plasma Demon, 250 would be a more fitting and fair amount of health. Also making them always drop a full cell pack and plasma rifle is a bit too generous, making them semi-frequently drop a small cell charge, semi-rarely drop a full charge, and only rarely (If at all.) drop a plasma rifle would be better, you can change the chances of DropItem dropping an item and how much of it will be dropped to do that in case you don't know .

• herif6677
  • herif6677's Avatar Topic Author
  • Shotgunner
  • Shotgunner
More
2 years 10 months ago #3 by herif6677
Replied by herif6677 on topic MechPlasmaDemon
thanks for these stuff i will change it later

• herif6677
  • herif6677's Avatar Topic Author
  • Shotgunner
  • Shotgunner
More
2 years 10 months ago #4 by herif6677
Replied by herif6677 on topic MechPlasmaDemon
also strange named variant is spectre one

• inkoalawetrust
More
2 years 10 months ago #5 by inkoalawetrust
Replied by inkoalawetrust on topic MechPlasmaDemon
I figured so, but you should rename it to something more descriptive of what it is than just "mechpld".

• robertmartin
  • Zombieman
  • Zombieman
More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #6 by robertmartin
Replied by robertmartin on topic [Submission] MechPlasmaDemon
Its really very good stuff!!
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by robertmartin.

• Gunslahyer_Pi
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
2 years 8 months ago #7 by Gunslahyer_Pi
Replied by Gunslahyer_Pi on topic [Submission] MechPlasmaDemon
Now that's awesome. Has this been reworked for distribution yet? Wouldn't mind adding this dude 
to my Megawad.

• inkoalawetrust
More
2 years 5 months ago #8 by inkoalawetrust
Replied by inkoalawetrust on topic [Submission] MechPlasmaDemon
Any updates on this submission ? If there's no new sign of activity from the author by about a week from now. I'll probably be closing this submission due to inactivity.

• CaptainToenail
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
2 years 5 months ago #9 by CaptainToenail
Replied by CaptainToenail on topic [Submission] MechPlasmaDemon
This one is cool I like it. Would be a shame to see it closed.

• inkoalawetrust
More
2 years 5 months ago #10 by inkoalawetrust
Replied by inkoalawetrust on topic [Submission] MechPlasmaDemon

This one is cool I like it. Would be a shame to see it closed.
Well, Herif hasn't been online for almost 5 months as of now. So it seems unlikely that there will be an update to this submission. I could always just submit it myself or something though. I just got the .wad too, in case the download link ever goes down.