The Ideas and Brainstorming Thread

• Ganbare-Lucifer
  • Ganbare-Lucifer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
1 year 3 months ago #1 by Ganbare-Lucifer
The Ideas and Brainstorming Thread was created by Ganbare-Lucifer
I noticed this board lacked some sort of thread for people to share their ideas and stuff that can help inspire others to do their own versions or even help work on said project.

I'm just a mere mortal, I don't have faith a mod would pin this.

Anyways.
My first contribution to this thread is about an idea of a were-creature cursed/infected zombie, which shapeshifts into various were-creatures depending on the type under certain conditions. So that way it feels less bland and generic by just publishing the were-creature alone in a submission.

Below you can see the Werewolf sprites I did editing the Satyr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kan3
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
1 year 3 months ago #2 by Kan3
Replied by Kan3 on topic The Ideas and Brainstorming Thread
Man, this werewolf sprites are freaking awesome. How did you make them?

A shapeshifting creature would be cool, though making the sprites for every "shape" will be hell x) at least for me.
I believe that making a sort of "real" werewolf should be quite easy to make with a "can see sky" or similar check when in human form and then transform.

I'm giving myself to weapons these weeks and I just made a working torch item that can be picked up from walls and be used as a weapon to scare and set monsters on fire. It can also be lit up when out of "fuel" if used on a brazier.
(I don't think I'll be able to release it though)

• Ganbare-Lucifer
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
1 year 3 months ago #3 by Ganbare-Lucifer
Replied by Ganbare-Lucifer on topic The Ideas and Brainstorming Thread
Another sprite set I've done is this Frankenstein Monster edited from the Ubermutant rotations, no idea what use to give him, but I wanna see your suggestions.

• Gunslahyer_Pi
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #4 by Gunslahyer_Pi
Replied by Gunslahyer_Pi on topic The Ideas and Brainstorming Thread
This one right here is very Heretic vibish. Dude runs out of wand crystals and then goes all Dracula slayer using fire on a stick.

Totally release it! This is awesome.

The werewolf is awesome. This whole thread is awesome. Let's see more!!!
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Gunslahyer_Pi. Reason: Because I said so.

• Ganbare-Lucifer
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
1 year 3 months ago #5 by Ganbare-Lucifer
Replied by Ganbare-Lucifer on topic The Ideas and Brainstorming Thread
I also edited the Nosferati sprites to make a low-rank Vampire

I also tried to do a Mummy edited from these Zombie sprites, but couldn't finish them.

I also tried to do some Jiangshi sprites, but couldn't find the proper bases, so.

My idea was to make some classic monsters into the Doom style, but I lost a bit of motivation, so I'm gonna wait for somebody to give me the proper motivation on continuing the work.

• Kan3
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
1 year 3 months ago #6 by Kan3

This one right here is very Heretic vibish. Dude runs out of wand crystals and then goes all Dracula slayer using fire on a stick.

Totally release it! This is awesome.
Thanks, mate! The issue here is that some sprites need some polish that I'm not really able to do without wasting too much time or even worsening the results since I'm not into making sprites  x) unlike Ganbare-Lucifer who seems to be pretty damn good with that.

Another sprite set I've done is this Frankenstein Monster edited from the Ubermutant rotations, no idea what use to give him, but I wanna see your suggestions

About the Frankenstein, I would probably go for a "breakable" monster, which will lose body parts as he loses health until he cannot move anymore or dies after the head gets crushed

• DeVloek
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
1 year 3 months ago #7 by DeVloek
Replied by DeVloek on topic The Ideas and Brainstorming Thread
So I was working on this gun recently but I don't know where to go beyond the sprites. I even made different color variations but I still have no idea about the projectiles, ammo type, fire mode etc...

• Gunslahyer_Pi
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
1 year 3 months ago #8 by Gunslahyer_Pi
Replied by Gunslahyer_Pi on topic The Ideas and Brainstorming Thread
I can code out these pistols. The frame work is all there. I can code the shots and movement frames. 

Of course it won't be as "fluent" as Brutal Doom but they'll still be awesome.

Great work!

• DeVloek
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
1 year 3 months ago #9 by DeVloek
Replied by DeVloek on topic The Ideas and Brainstorming Thread
Thanks for the offer but writing the actual code shouldn't be a problem for me. What I'm lacking is ideas for the type of projectile etc. so I don't even know where to start.
The gun is based on one from Grim Dawn (an isometric ARPG kinda like the Diablo games) but in that game the attack is some crazy lightning spreading all over the place. I think in a 1st person perspective that won't be possible with sprites so I was looking for something else. Just don't know what...

• Kan3
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
1 year 3 months ago #10 by Kan3
I would probably go for some laser/plasma-like projectile (similar to the Star Wars stuff I mean), perhaps even bouncing off walls a couple of times, and give different properties for each color. Then make the gun to switch "ammo type" on alt fire or something similar to select which type of projectile you want to shoot.