The Ideas and Brainstorming Thread

• Ganbare-Lucifer
  • Ganbare-Lucifer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
1 year 2 months ago #11 by Ganbare-Lucifer
Replied by Ganbare-Lucifer on topic The Ideas and Brainstorming Thread

So I was working on this gun recently but I don't know where to go beyond the sprites. I even made different color variations but I still have no idea about the projectiles, ammo type, fire mode etc...

Interesting concept, it reminds me of my Elemental Shotgun that I did editing the Gothic Super Shotgun from Supercharge for Brutal Doom
It allows you to fire normal buckshots, flame, plasma, ice, and acid shots. I couldn't finish it because of complicated coding.

By the way, here are some enemies I was working on.

Hell Dreadnought, edited from Necrodome, boss monster similar to the Terminator, I want to make his helmet more medieval and with horns but can't find a way how.

...and the Belligerant, Arch-Vile type monster since there are some Arch-Vile type variants lacking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kan3
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
1 year 2 months ago #12 by Kan3
Replied by Kan3 on topic The Ideas and Brainstorming Thread

By the way, here are some enemies I was working on.

Hell Dreadnought, edited from Necrodome, boss monster similar to the Terminator, I want to make his helmet more medieval and with horns but can't find a way how.

Wait wait, that dude is basically War from the psx game Apocalypse! *_* I'll need to check that out!

I started to work on potions for my medievalish project

Each color means a different effect/powerup that can be weak/short or strong/long
I run out of viable effects and bottle shapes x) though I'd like to hear some advice about so effect you'd like to see.

• Gunslahyer_Pi
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
1 year 2 months ago #13 by Gunslahyer_Pi
Replied by Gunslahyer_Pi on topic The Ideas and Brainstorming Thread
"Interesting concept, it reminds me of my Elemental Shotgun that I did editing the Gothic Super Shotgun from Supercharge for Brutal Doom
It allows you to fire normal buckshots, flame, plasma, ice, and acid shots. I couldn't finish it because of complicated coding."

I suppose the easiest way would be a selector using altfire. Much like brutal doom's pistol. Single or burst fire. Again, there is a fair amount of coding that would need doing but I suppose it's something worth looking at if someone were interested enough in doing.

Still cool though. Thought I'd seen this before somewhere.

• inkoalawetrust
More
1 year 2 months ago #14 by inkoalawetrust
Replied by inkoalawetrust on topic The Ideas and Brainstorming Thread
I have pinned this thread on the subforum.

• Gunslahyer_Pi
  • BFG Commando
  • BFG Commando
More
1 year 2 months ago #15 by Gunslahyer_Pi
Replied by Gunslahyer_Pi on topic The Ideas and Brainstorming Thread
Hey peeps. I've been working on getting a new semi-auto switchable smg/machine pistol into the game. Exclusively actually for my .wad I've been working on. 

It's called a Ruger Charger. Based on a real gun. Just a peeky of it. I've gotta make the centred sprite a bit more native to the actual pick up sprite. 

The centred sprite is from Zdoomworld or Doom world, I can't remember but it's royalty free so that makes it easier. The goal is to make a different smg compared to the one being used in Brutal Doom. Even though Brutal Doom's smg is more traditional to box art (which I love) but I'm going something a little different with some real place weaponry. 

I've gotta modify the centre sprite to reflect the pickup sprite a bit more and then code it out.

• Ganbare-Lucifer
  • Ganbare-Lucifer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Chaingunner
  • Chaingunner
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #16 by Ganbare-Lucifer
Replied by Ganbare-Lucifer on topic The Ideas and Brainstorming Thread

Stupid idea but a monster mod replacement with Classic Monsters, I called this working title 'DOOMStalkers' since it matches with the monsters the DarkStalkers characters are based on.
(Somes are unedited and not mine, Craneo helped me with the Jiang-Shi edited from the one from Tao, the Ghost Samurai was used from Shadow Warrior prototype sprites, the Merman is unedited from Mars 3D, Feline Beast idea is from Dolphman who used Sekhmet from Powerslave and Shelley's head as a base an changed her hair to blue, more credits to their respective spriters)

Also progress on the Jiang-Shi.

EDIT: I also wanted to do some mini-bosses based on the Deadly Sins, by using the following sprites:

Lucifer: Death Dealer, Heresiarch, and Ghost Wizard from Gloom sprites
Beelzebub: Skull Wizard and Disciple sprites
Mammon: SunMadCat's Bearded Demon Wizard sprites
Belphegor: Troll from Gloom sprites
Sathanicus: Baratus sprites
Lilith: YuraoftheHairFan's Succubus sprites
Asmodeus design is not final, placeholder for now.
Abbadathan: Same as Asmodeus, placeholder is Two-Headed Dragon from Gloom sprites

Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Ganbare-Lucifer.