[WIP] Pyrobus

• DBJ87
  • DBJ87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
7 years 5 months ago #11 by DBJ87
Replied by DBJ87 on topic Pyrobus

Fiorello1 wrote: The 360 attack is a ear rape lol, also the volcan one.

The Fissure attacks are based off the Bruiser Baron's floor hugging attacks & designed to be as off-putting as possible (to cause panic or frustration which will break the Player's concentration) in an enclosed area where you have little space to move, the explosive sounds do get a bit much, but the sound is played when the explosives start, one suggestion thing I'll do is take off* a few of the 360 rotation lines, but this means less projectiles are fired & it's easier to avoid in open areas...

I spent a pretty long time getting the gaps between each shot set up fairly but if need be, I'll have to restart that. The other option would be to speed up the PyroSweep movement but then the player will hit easier or the fire spawned won't match the position the explosion took place.

The Volcano attacks are additional missiles fired when jumped from various other triggers, I will reduce the chances of jumping to the Volcano Missile & 360 Fissure from the Pain State. Currently 96/256 (38% chance) to 64/256 (25% Chance) and will reduce (or remove) the chance to jump to the 360 Fissure from the smaller variant.

*Original: (This is just the 1st 3 lines of the 360 Shot, there is 19 in total 0 Front degrees to 360 Back)
Code:
PYCU W 10 Bright A_CustomMissile("PyroSweep",0,0,0,2,0) TNT1 A 0 Bright A_CustomMissile("PyroSweep",0,0,20,2,0) TNT1 A 0 Bright A_CustomMissile("PyroSweep",0,0,40,2,0)
*Less Missiles: (This is just the 1st 3 lines of the 360 Shot, there is 19 in total 0 Front degrees to 360 Back).
Code:
PYCU W 10 Bright A_CustomMissile("PyroSweep",0,0,0,2,0) TNT1 A 0 Bright A_CustomMissile("PyroSweep",0,0,20,2,0) //TNT1 A 0 Bright A_CustomMissile("PyroSweep",0,0,40,2,0)
Any line with "//" won't be activated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MagicWazard
More
7 years 4 months ago #12 by MagicWazard
Replied by MagicWazard on topic Pyrobus
To deal with the sound effect overload, instead of reducing the amount of projectiles he fires, you can simply make some of the projectiles not play sounds.

• DBJ87
  • DBJ87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wicked
  • Wicked
More
7 years 4 months ago #13 by DBJ87
Replied by DBJ87 on topic Pyrobus

MagicWazard wrote: To deal with the sound effect overload, instead of reducing the amount of projectiles he fires, you can simply make some of the projectiles not play sounds.

Done & Thank you MagicWazard :)

Current update has:
Dropped Fire (From Flamethrower, Fissures & Comets) & the Fissure attacks explosive spawner have a secondary version, which are silent.

Cannons & Pipes across shoulders, still need some work, the Pipes more so, I'm sure everyone can't have missed the disproportionate or uneven colours (random shades of grey) but it's getting pretty tricky to match the colours or smooth them out when zoomed in to fix these minor details. Most easily spotted on the Walking Sprites A-F... everything else seems to be OK, hopefully it's starting to look or live up to some expectations. I really can't think of anything else that can be done after these few details are fixed.

Any modifications others have made to the appearance or the Brightmaps (if any), feel free to share them on this project's page.